Page 17 of 238 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    It's easy to be on time when there is no commitment to a hard delivery date.

Seems everything new is only being offered as a pre-sale. I'd rather not know about frt status, production delays, shipping issues, etc. Just tell me when it is on the shelf ready for sale like the old days.
    They didn’t tell us a specific date, but gave a window (within a month) of anticipated finished product.

Better than what others did and set a specific date, and don’t even come close to it.

Presales do suck, but in Canada’s small market, it’s the least risk involved for the retailers... so I can’t foresee it changing anytime soon.
    What some can do (as you are choosing to) is to not purchase until they’re ready. You’re in your right to do so, but you’re being forwarned that if you’re eager to get one anytime ‘soon’ (like hazarding a guess of 2 or more years), then you’re only option is to preorder.

At least with ATRS you can rest knowing they’re not going to get you pumped up and excited only to let you down - again, and again... and again.
    When they specific a timeline, it’s almost as good as a definitive date.

CGN Regular

Seems everything new is only being offered as a pre-sale. I'd rather not know about frt status, production delays, shipping issues, etc. Just tell me when it is on the shelf ready for sale like the old days.
    Not sure people here are interested in what someone is "not" going to do as the list is endless...

For myself it's a Faxon 20" gunner. I was going to go with their matching lightweight BCG until DILLIGAF started showing pretty pics of Brownell's TIN version of their lightweight

Question: I know one cannot cut barrels down to 18.6, but I'm under the impression that a gunsmith can. Is that true?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zxcvbn View Post
    Not sure people here are interested in what someone is "not" going to do as the list is endless...

For myself it's a Faxon 20" gunner. I was going to go with their matching lightweight BCG until DILLIGAF started showing pretty pics of Brownell's TIN version of their lightweight

Question: I know one cannot cut barrels down to 18.6, but I'm under the impression that a gunsmith can. Is that true?
    You can cut the barrel down to 18.6”. You can’t cut barrels down below 18” or overal length less than 26”, it becomes prohibited. If you cut it down to 18” it becomes restricted.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

GunNutz
    With the light weight BCG should a guy run an adjustable gas block? Woundering if it would be over gased?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rberresheim View Post
    With the light weight BCG should a guy run an adjustable gas block? Woundering if it would be over gased?
    Yes
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Regular

I dunno, they told us they would be starting to deliver lowers in September, I have had mine for several weeks now. I know of a few others who were quick on the "I'll take 1" button and have theirs already as well. I think they pretty much lived up to their time projections and hope that the uppers are as timely.

I can't think of many industries that are able to give precise and hard dates as to precisely when something will be done or available. I think for a very small shop they have done well, the advantage they had on the other guys was a many years of experience in getting a firearm into production.
    I seriously doubt Wyatt could have ever foreseen some of the hurdles he had thrown his way. I have some of the back story and no way could anyone be prepared for some of that. The QC issues are a totally different story though.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    You can cut the barrel down to 18.6”. You can’t cut barrels down below 18” or overal length less than 26”, it becomes prohibited. If you cut it down to 18” it becomes restricted.
    This has been discussed adnauseum and I think you should do some searching as I believe you may be wrong on cutting down an AR barrel. My understanding is that doing so makes the barrel a prohibited device through some weird interpretation of the CCofC, which makes absolutely no sense at all but apparently is still the letter of the law.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    I dunno, they told us they would be starting to deliver lowers in September, I have had mine for several weeks now. I know of a few others who were quick on the "I'll take 1" button and have theirs already as well. I think they pretty much lived up to their time projections and hope that the uppers are as timely.

I can't think of many industries that are able to give precise and hard dates as to precisely when something will be done or available. I think for a very small shop they have done well, the advantage they had on the other guys was a many years of experience in getting a firearm into production.
    I seriously doubt Wyatt could have ever foreseen some of the hurdles he had thrown his way. I have some of the back story and no way could anyone be prepared for some of that. The QC issues are a totally different story though.
    I was number 5 to order and I got nothing yet.

I

Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    I'd get in on this now...given recent FRT number assigned, the second production run is probably going to go quickly.
    Damn right, getting on it soon, I know I'll have to wait, and I'm ok with that
    Check other started threads for combo deals

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    Well prepare to spend about $300+ above retail then when some "spare" receivers hit the EE from buyers that "just don't need them anymore" lol
    Why would they be more than retail? People who ordered the MH and MV sold them at a discount once they arrived, some were even new unfired under retail. I can't see this pre-sale going any different.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!