Page 180 of 238 FirstFirst ... 160170172173174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188190200 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    So i have a question regarding the installation of a bcm mcmr rail. It says on the instructions that i can put oil on the outside of the barrel nut to help the rail slide over but to not use any kind of grease. Why would this be???

BANNED
    I got everything put together today. The only things that are causing me a bit of issue are the mag catch causing a bit of interference with magazines inserting all the way, and the BCG/charging handle is a little tight. I didn't have a lot of time to play with it, but everything else went together well. I'll shoot it this weekend and see how it works!

Last edited by Qwerty1zer; 05-30-2020 at 02:24 AM.

BANNED
    So everything is all good on my build right now, except Pmags get stuck in the magwell. I've got to give them a whack to seat them, and then they are stuck in there good. All my other mags work fine and drop free. Is this a common issue? I've tried adjusting the bolt catch. I also found it interesting that they only get stuck when the upper is attached. Bolt open or closed doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BooSSted View Post
    So everything is all good on my build right now, except Pmags get stuck in the magwell. I've got to give them a whack to seat them, and then they are stuck in there good. All my other mags work fine and drop free. Is this a common issue? I've tried adjusting the bolt catch. I also found it interesting that they only get stuck when the upper is attached. Bolt open or closed doesn't matter.
    Different platform but my SLR does that, the upper is a little tight where it mates up to the lower just above the mag well. If you look on the mag you should be able to see the marks right up at the top. Most of mine have broken in now so they don’t get stuck too bad anymore. It’s my coyote gun though so I’ll use those mags when hunting as they don’t rattle.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty1zer View Post
    So, I believe this is the problem I'm having. Wish I would have taken a look through the roll pin hole before it was too late, started driving the pin and stopped when I noticed a change in tone.
    The FA is being held with about 1/16th of the roll pin right now and I can't drive it out from the other side because the FA is blocking a good path to the pin. Tried gripping whats left of the pin with some vise grips to no avail.
    Currently soaking to see if that helps, how ####ed am

Edit: Fluid film is a god send, got it out and it does indeed protrude the line of sight through the pin hole.
    For now I put in an undersized roll pin, it seems to function fine. I will order a new FA and see how that goes.

Super GunNutz
    Hey
    Can someone tell me if a 13 1/2 in handguard will cover the GB?
    Or do I need to go 14 in. ?

Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:28 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    The handguard on this build is 13.7" long. There is less than 1/8" of gas block sticking out past the end of it. A 14" handguard would completely cover it.

Thanks,
    I had a BCM KMR on my MV, but not sure/ can’t remember, if it would be the same for MS.

So far the only 14 in. HG I can find is a MWI from Brownells.
    Wouldn’t happen to k ow of any other 14 in. HGs???

How do you find the barrel , for accuracy?
    I’m leaning towards that or IBI.

GunNutz
    Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, don't remember seeing it before.

Put a friends rifle together the other day and took it out to test fire. Only fired 15 rounds but seemed to function fine. I did notice that when the bolt held back it was stopped on the bolt carrier, not the bolt face. I didn't think too much about it at the time, because it was cold, but it started to eat away at me after I got home.

I checked the gun again and pulled the bolt all the way back using the charging handle and it just barely clears the bolt catch, by about 3/16". I check this against other rifles and they are in the 3/8" range. I measured the inside length of the buffer tube (6 15/16"), the buffer and the spring. Then I measured a CC as a reference, all these measurements were the same. I measured from the flat face of the bolt catch and the flat face of the inside of the lower where the buffer tube threads into. The MS measured 9.1cm and the CC measured 9.6cm.

The only solution I see here is either cutting the buffer pad to make up the difference or getting a buffer tube that is 1/4" longer.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Any ideas or suggestions?