Page 194 of 238 FirstFirst ... 174184186187188189190191192193194195196197198199200201202204214 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 5HoursNorth View Post
    Finally got to assembling my ss upper/lower the fitment is a little looser then I would have liked, but the more bothersome issue is that pmags and Mil-Spec mags have to be jammed in and pulled out,it seems like too much material in the front of the upper receiver mag well area
    Sorry to hear that, mag fit issues seem to pop up often. Gotta say that’s my biggest concern with the receiver set I’ve got on order.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    Are they a hard 10 rounds or are they 10.9? I guess my question is do they close on a locked bolt?
    Little extra space, so it seats on a closed bolt :D

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisan View Post
    Little extra space, so it seats on a closed bolt :D
    Excellent, that seals the deal for me.

Finally got to assembling my ss upper/lower the fitment is a little looser then I would have liked, but the more bothersome issue is that pmags and Mil-Spec mags have to be jammed in and pulled out,it seems like too much material in the front of the upper receiver mag well area
    My buddy has 2 uppers his slick side upper has this sameproblem ( too much material in the front magwell area- colt 5/20s dont fit at all). His forward assist upper accepts mags much better. Seems like not all upper receivers are the same dimensionally
    Last edited by auracle; 02-07-2020 at 09:14 AM.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

Super GunNutz
    I had a SS from first run, mags were fine. Pmag Gen 3, Lar pistol mag.

Anyone used the Armaspec SRS Stealth Recoil Spring assembly?

It might just be a fluke of a problem. All my SS and FA uppers don't have an issue with accepting or dropping mags, even if I interchange the lowers. I'd say just contact ATRS.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    I'll have to see the buffer tube issue for myself. I'm not so convinced its an issue with the guns design or an issue with parts compatibility.
    Last edited by Mumbles Marble Mouth; 02-08-2020 at 05:50 PM.
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "

Zero issues with my buddies.
    All mags fit and drop free.
    Not much of any wiggle.
    Superb overall quality and anodizing.

Only issue was a mil spec buffer tube that was a touch too short causing failures to lock back on empty. Since corrected.

Theres a few I have read about some mag fitment issues related to the mating of the upper and lower and I'm pretty sure that ATRS was quick to offer support and remedies.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    G#% Da%#!^&... I thought we got all of those, but one or two keep popping up. Please send an email to info@albertatacticalrifle.com with a picture of the inside of the magwell with upper attached, focusing primarily on the front wall of the inside of the magwell. We'll get you taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Sorry to hear that, mag fit issues seem to pop up often. Gotta say that’s my biggest concern with the receiver set I’ve got on order.
    2 Criteria:

(1) Slick side upper,
    (2) produced during a small period of time where if I recall the 4th axis on the machine was not repeating properly. [This later resulted in a complete rebuild of the 4th axis, putting that machine out of service for over two months].

Now the fact we are making uppers in one batch, then changing machines over and making lowers, then switching back and forth, is what has resulted in maybe about 20 of these getting mixed and distributed to all random areas of orders, so I can't just say 'orders between here and here, check for this'.

The good news for anyone waiting on a slick side, is we are completely and utterly OUT of slick sides right now, so there are no more with the magazine issue that could inadvertently get mixed in... The drawback is that by the time we realized there was a problem, they had all left already.

Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    My buddy has 2 uppers his slick side upper has this sameproblem ( too much material in the front magwell area- colt 5/20s dont fit at all). His forward assist upper accepts mags much better. Seems like not all upper receivers are the same dimensionally
    Tell him to send an email to info@albertatacticalrifle.com with a picture of the inside of the front of the magwell, and I'll get him taken care of. Thanks.