Page 198 of 238 FirstFirst ... 178188190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205206208218 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohhunter View Post
    What have y'all done with your Forward Assists? I see some posts replicating a problem i'm having with a milspec FA install. Roll pins seems too big or there's something else going on with fitment. Genuinely a PITA.
    As noted, I would use a drill bit of the correct size to see if it fits without the FA inserted. I'd also suggest that you insert the FA without the pin and look through the pin hole to see if it protrudes into the pin's hole.

On my friends rifle the pin hole was the correct size but the FA's we had protruded into its space so the pin couldn't go past.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty-Lou View Post
    As noted, I would use a drill bit of the correct size to see if it fits without the FA inserted. I'd also suggest that you insert the FA without the pin and look through the pin hole to see if it protrudes into the pin's hole.

On my friends rifle the pin hole was the correct size but the FA's we had protruded into its space so the pin couldn't go past.
    Thank you all.

On the second note, which I am suspecting is the problem, i suppose best bet is grinding down the flat side of the FA itself slightly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dohhunter View Post
    What have y'all done with your Forward Assists? I see some posts replicating a problem i'm having with a milspec FA install. Roll pins seems too big or there's something else going on with fitment. Genuinely a PITA.
    I had to grind the flat side of the FA to make it fit... the pin hole was sized correctly but was drilled a little too close to the receiver...

From what I've read on here, some FAs will fit but others will require grinding or filing...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    Has anyone else received a lower where the spacing between the two ears that hold the pin for the bolt catch is too wide? With my bolt catch installed it wiggles back and forth slightly. Rifles functions and fires fine but just a tolerance issue I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Djb1 View Post
    Has anyone else received a lower where the spacing between the two ears that hold the pin for the bolt catch is too wide? With my bolt catch installed it wiggles back and forth slightly. Rifles functions and fires fine but just a tolerance issue I believe.
    The tolerance was kept wide to allow more fitment options... you can shim it to remove some of the play...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stone25 View Post
    The tolerance was kept wide to allow more fitment options... you can shim it to remove some of the play...
    Fair enough, I'll have to find a tiny o-ring or washer to put in there

Quote Originally Posted by Djb1 View Post
    Fair enough, I'll have to find a tiny o-ring or washer to put in there
    You can buy shim kits which will come with several washers of different thicknesses or you can just buy some shim stock and use hole punches to make your own

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Personally I wouldn’t worry about it at all. It’s a rifle not a jet turbine. I see nothing to gain from shimming it there.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    Personally I wouldn’t worry about it at all. It’s a rifle not a jet turbine. I see nothing to gain from shimming it there.
    Actually here's what happened to one of mine.

Gen 3 Pmags are known to cause bolt catches to "slip", sometimes partially due to the bolt catch moving rearwards if you insert an empty mag(I know, why insert an empty mag?). Nonetheless what I did was I took a C clip off of a ejection port door pivot/strut, clamped it a little tighter so it'll fit perfectly on the roll pin of the mag catch. I think a washer works too but they don’t usually come in black. Problem of slippage disappeared after.

I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Actually here's what happened to one of mine.

Gen 3 Pmags are known to cause bolt catches to "slip", sometimes partially due to the bolt catch moving rearwards if you insert an empty mag(I know, why insert an empty mag?). Nonetheless what I did was I took a C clip off of a ejection port door pivot/strut, clamped it a little tighter so it'll fit perfectly on the roll pin of the mag catch. I think a washer works too but they don’t usually come in black. Problem of slippage disappeared after.

Now that is some ingenuity... well done!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ