Page 203 of 238 FirstFirst ... 183193195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211213223 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie720 View Post
    Are u using the specific punch for the bolt catch pin. They can be a pain with out it.
    Are you referring to the flat sided punches? I used a roll pin punch set and a roll pin starter as well

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by zKn0xvillex View Post
    Are you referring to the flat sided punches? I used a roll pin punch set and a roll pin starter as well
    Ya, that roll pin hole is tight.
    Maybe use some sand paper to make the pin smaller.

Hey guys, sorry if some of this is already discussed it's hard to find things in the 200 pages here.

My other issue i'm having is that the rod for the dust cover is too long and pokes out to where the threads are for the barrel. It is from TNA

Any help is appreciated thanks
    The dust cover rod issue is common. Just trim it down until it’s flush or go with a “rod less” quick insert style.
    Last edited by juancarlos; 02-25-2020 at 10:26 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:38 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Hey guys, sorry if some of this is already discussed it's hard to find things in the 200 pages here.

I am having a hard time with the roll pins for the forward assist and bolt catch. I ended up breaking the bolt catch roll pin so i am ordering a new one but having a lot of trouble. They are from a Geissele LPK and i made sure to put oil before putting them in.

My other issue i'm having is that the rod for the dust cover is too long and pokes out to where the threads are for the barrel. It is from TNA

Any help is appreciated thanks
    While there is a lot of great advice there, I would also advise before proceeding further, put the forward assist in, then put the largest diameter punch through the hole to ensure you have a clear path for the roll pin. You should never have to FORCE parts in, and it's always best to proceed with a little care and caution. If there is any obstruction, contact us by email info@albertatacticalrifle.com and we'll get you taken care of. If you are local in town, just stop by and we can check it out for you.

CGN Regular
    Someone is missing a barrel and a couple receivers... Round three shipping can’t come fast enough!!!!

And if anyone can point me to a finger groove style grip in stealth grey would be nice!

Undecided on the trigger for the 22lr build too. Waiting for mags from brownells.

google sites image gallery

CGN Regular
    Looking for insight. I am on the lookout for an 18.6 5.56/223 Wilde barrel that is light/medium profile for one upper and a bcg to go with.

Also looking for information on where to obtain a barrel in 450 Bushmaster. Atrs doesn’t have a lead on any at the moment.

I am looking to make these both as accurate as possible while not being terribly heavy. Can anyone share their success story setups that have worked well for them in both the weight and accuracy department. Thanks.

Has anyone tried bedding the upper receiver lug? Or do the new uppers fit pretty well?
    I am a kit hor(der)

I used a faxon Gunner 18.6” in .223 Wylde, haven’t had a chance to get past 100 yards with it yet, but I put 10 rounds of xm855 in a group about 1.1”, I would call that pretty accurate for a light weight barrel with surplus ammo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    Looking for insight. I am on the lookout for an 18.6 5.56/223 Wilde barrel that is light/medium profile for one upper and a bcg to go with.

I am looking to make these both as accurate as possible while not being terribly heavy. Can anyone share their success story setups that have worked well for them in both the weight and accuracy department. Thanks.
    I'm a big fan of the Faxon Gunner barrel and just the Gunner profile in general. It's light weight but has more meat near the breach end where it's needed and its pencil profile from the gas block out where IMO it's not needed.

I had a Faxon 18" gunner that shot 0.6-0.75 MOA at 200yds with 77gr smk's and around 1 MOA with Hornady 55gr bulk.

I had a lilja profiled to match a 18" gunner but built to 18.6"(this was before Faxon offered a 18.6" option). It shot 77gr SMK's at 0.5 MOA consistently and shot Hornady 55gr frontier at 0.75-0.8 MOA consistently.

Just built a 18.6" Faxon Gunner, haven't shot groups with it yet but when I was zeroing with 77gr SMK it was stacking them into what looked like similar performance as my past experience.

I've bore scoped the Faxon barrels and they look and perform above their price range in my experince.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Has anyone tried bedding the upper receiver lug? Or do the new uppers fit pretty well?
    Buddy of mine from Canmore has a first run slick side set that was kinda sloppy, had the rear lug on the upper bedded to the lower/pin. It has no play at all now, see how it holds up.

He also just built on a recent forward assist set and it has ZERO play at all, like none, it's perfect. So it would seem they have this sorted out or at least in my experience.