Page 204 of 238 FirstFirst ... 184194196197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212214224 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

The late run 2 FA set I have seen has no play and mates perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Has anyone tried bedding the upper receiver lug? Or do the new uppers fit pretty well?
    Last edited by langfordbc; 03-17-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    Always interested in USGI M1911/M1911A1 Colt, Ithaca, Rem. Rand, US&S, Rem. UMC, Springfield Armory, etc... pistols or parts.

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Good to hear.. keep up the good work guys

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Faxon Gunner barrel and just the Gunner profile in general. It's light weight but has more meat near the breach end where it's needed and its pencil profile from the gas block out where IMO it's not needed.

I had a Faxon 18" gunner that shot 0.6-0.75 MOA at 200yds with 77gr smk's and around 1 MOA with Hornady 55gr bulk.

I had a lilja profiled to match a 18" gunner but built to 18.6"(this was before Faxon offered a 18.6" option). It shot 77gr SMK's at 0.5 MOA consistently and shot Hornady 55gr frontier at 0.75-0.8 MOA consistently.

Just built a 18.6" Faxon Gunner, haven't shot groups with it yet but when I was zeroing with 77gr SMK it was stacking them into what looked like similar performance as my past experience.

I've bore scoped the Faxon barrels and they look and perform above their price range in my experince.

Buddy of mine from Canmore has a first run slick side set that was kinda sloppy, had the rear lug on the upper bedded to the lower/pin. It has no play at all now, see how it holds up.

He also just built on a recent forward assist set and it has ZERO play at all, like none, it's perfect. So it would seem they have this sorted out or at least in my experience.
    Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    Buddy of mine from Canmore has a first run slick side set that was kinda sloppy, had the rear lug on the upper bedded to the lower/pin. It has no play at all now, see how it holds up.

He also just built on a recent forward assist set and it has ZERO play at all, like none, it's perfect. So it would seem they have this sorted out or at least in my experience.
    Good to hear....any recommendations for bedding compound? JB weld?
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Good to hear....any recommendations for bedding compound? JB weld?
    I didn't do it but it looks like Devcon. I'm sure the original JB weld would work fine.

Folks I can not get my rifle to cycle the next round or catch the bolt on the last round. Gas block has been installed using the TNA dimpling jig and I have adjusted both the gas block and buffer through all increments. I'm wondering if the length of the carbine buffer system is the issue and I may need a rifle length system. When I charge the bolt it travels past the bolt catch about 3/16 - 1/4". I also have an upper in 6.5 Grendel which cycles but does not hold open (I did switch parts between uppers with the same results.) Any ideas? My parts are as follows:

MRA Match Stainless Barrels 18.6" in .223, (6.5 is 20")
    Superlative Arms, Adjustable Bleed-Off Gas Block,
    Strike Industries Enhanced Receiver Extension,
    Strike Industries Optimus Modular Weight Buffer,
    Strike Industries, Flat Wire Carbine Spring,
    Brownells M16 5.56 lightweight BCG,
    Hiperfire EDT Designated Marksman trigger
    rifle length gas system?
    Member, CSSA, NFA, NRA

BANNED
    Were you located ? I can help you out if you are around the Wainwright area... cheers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bukwild View Post
    Folks I can not get my rifle to cycle the next round or catch the bolt on the last round. Gas block has been installed using the TNA dimpling jig and I have adjusted both the gas block and buffer through all increments. I'm wondering if the length of the carbine buffer system is the issue and I may need a rifle length system. When I charge the bolt it travels past the bolt catch about 3/16 - 1/4". I also have an upper in 6.5 Grendel which cycles but does not hold open (I did switch parts between uppers with the same results.) Any ideas? My parts are as follows:

MRA Match Stainless Barrels 18.6" in .223, (6.5 is 20")
    Superlative Arms, Adjustable Bleed-Off Gas Block,
    Strike Industries Enhanced Receiver Extension,
    Strike Industries Optimus Modular Weight Buffer,
    Strike Industries, Flat Wire Carbine Spring,
    Brownells M16 5.56 lightweight BCG,
    Hiperfire EDT Designated Marksman trigger
    rifle length gas system?
    I would double check you put the AR-15 version of flat wire spring in.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Were you located ? I can help you out if you are around the Wainwright area... cheers
    Thanks Dilligaf but I’m about a days drive away.
    Member, CSSA, NFA, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    I would double check you put the AR-15 version of flat wire spring in.
    Yes it is I even tried an old spring from an old mforgery. I also shortened that old spring about 3/4” to no avail.
    Member, CSSA, NFA, NRA