Page 206 of 238 FirstFirst ... 186196198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214216226 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    So it shouldn't stick out at all?

Anyone know if a 12.25” Daniel Defense RIS II handguard would fit on the upper receiver? Even if it does fit, would it look weird on a rifle length 18.6 inch barrel? Has anyone used a RIS II on their reciever yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TopShelf97 View Post
    Anyone know if a 12.25” Daniel Defense RIS II handguard would fit on the upper receiver? Even if it does fit, would it look weird on a rifle length 18.6 inch barrel? Has anyone used a RIS II on their reciever yet?
    You will have to modify the mounting bracket to fit the upper receiver. Yes, it will look slightly off with the gas block/tube exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    So it shouldn't stick out at all?
    I had to file mine down also, scavenged it from an M&P, as long as it clears the bcg serrations when not being pressed you're fine.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohhunter View Post
    Some tips and tricks I found on my F/A Sporter build:

1) Standard Geissele handguard modification as discussed previously (I utilized a fibreglass grinding wheel and a dremel, cut like butter). CAREFUL.
    2) F/A Installation I had to go through 2 forward assist assemblies (Mil-spec) to find one that fit, no idea why.
    3) Strike Industries enhanced dust cover is only one that worked on my Upper that wouldn't have needed cutting of standard dust cover rod (Shortening)
    4) Required a shorter bolt to install my Ergo grip. Bolt that came with it was too long and bottomed out.
    5) TNA Reaction Rod used for majority of build. Lifesaver
    6) Buy good quality roll pin punches and use lots of grease/oil

Nice looking guns!!! (and grass too LOL!!!)
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

No, if it sticks out, and can touch the bolt under recoil it will jam the FA into the pin and lock up the rifle. Trust me, happened my first trip out with my sporter. I used my stag as a guide as to where it should be, then I went a bit more, and I lengthened the slot for the pin too. Still works great. It doesn’t need to be even close to the BCG, once the pin disengages the cam it drops right in there.

Quote Originally Posted by takeyerswing View Post
    You will have to modify the mounting bracket to fit the upper receiver. Yes, it will look slightly off with the gas block/tube exposed.
    Thank you.

CGN Regular
    I've now tried the SI FA, and they Colt FA in their stock configurations and modified by swapping prawls and springs. The carrier binds in every configuration.

Would that suggest the upper is out of spec?

You also will have to modify the fasteners. The upper 2 cap screws need to have the heads ground down in order to reduce the radius enough to clear the upper and washers will need to be used. Side locking screws will not fit so you have to just go with 4 instead of the 6.

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    Anyone here build a 6.8spc .....been thinking about building one ..... what twist rate barrel ...what make ....bolt....
    Anyone have any suggestions....I’d like to here them ....trigger gesissle ......hmmm Gen 3 magpul adjustable rear stock......front stock ...black label ....
    But ...bcg???jp???......barrel ....muzzle break...
    Any suggestions people .....and thanks for your opinion
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow