Page 208 of 238 FirstFirst ... 188198200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216218228 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

So the ball bearing safety was only on the first run of lowers, now its just a straight switch for safety parts?
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    Kind of a side note Rick, I am putting together my 2nd run set and wished the ball bearing safety feature was standard. Did you tap the detent hole on 1st run lowers before or after anodizing was completed? Just wondering if it would be possible to do the upgrade after the fact as the regular detent is not quite giving me the crisp snick/snick selector function like my 1st run build. V7 titanium selectors on both builds.
    The detent hole was drilled and tapped PRIOR to ano. Personally I liked that set up far better but so many complained we dropped it, moved the hole slightly so as to align better with more grips. The 1st run only was done this way.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    So the ball bearing safety was only on the first run of lowers, now its just a straight switch for safety parts?
    Yes, only the first 224 lowers were done with a ball bearing rather than a pointed detent.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I really liked the ball bearing safety set up.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Me too!!

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Me too
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    I agree, the ball safety is nice and smooth!

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Idk why this is, but I have an Aero Precision AR15 Enhanced M-LOK Handguard Gen 2 and the barrel nut doesn't align with the gas tube hole in the upper. With no spacers it sits a little ways between two holes in the barrel nut. I had to use all 8 washers/spacers and even then I can only hand tighten it otherwise it won't align again which isn't safe. Even then, the hole in the upper receiver is slightly too high and doesn't allow it to pass through.

On my both my AR-15 uppers (Aero and PSA) it only needed 2 spacers and alignment was perfect so the gas tube slid right in.

... What can I do to fix that?
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Can you recommend a forward assist that's known to work?
    I used a Radian titanium F/A. It would bind when the (F/A) retaining pin was inserted. I took a file and ground a little bit of the meat off the F/A shaft (the part that sits inside the F/A hole) and it works like a charm.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

The front pivot pin wont insert into the upper...the hole look off by a #### hair it. Anyone else had this? Whats the solution?
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.