Page 209 of 238 FirstFirst ... 189199201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217219229 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

I used a basic Aero Precision FA that came with their dust cover. I didn’t end up using the dust cover but have no issue with the FA. $18.99 at Brownells. Not sure if they have it available separately.

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    Can you recommend a forward assist that's known to work?
    Last edited by langfordbc; 03-28-2020 at 11:12 AM.
    Always interested in USGI M1911/M1911A1 Colt, Ithaca, Rem. Rand, US&S, Rem. UMC, Springfield Armory, etc... pistols or parts.

The front pivot pin wont insert into the upper...the hole look off by a hair it. Anyone else had this? Whats the solution?
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    The front pivot pin wont insert into the upper...the hole look off by a hair it. Anyone else had this? Whats the solution?
    Did you try pushing the upper back into the receiver? Mine are tight and have to push fairly hard to get the pivot pin in.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:40 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Yeah she is tight to the lower, I can tap the pin in with the rubber mallet but I dont want to go all the way incase I cant get the pin out again.
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

CGN Regular
    Aero forward assist is also good to go

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Yes, everything on this receiver set is ridiculously tight. The mag release is super tight, the gas tube hole is super tight, the safety selector is super tight, etc. At least there's no play between uppers.

You're gonna need lots of oil and probably a replacement pivot pin for when you wear through the first one.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

Compared to the SLR the MS is loose. If I'd do it again I'd buy two MS sets. They are tight but are workable. Slr with the thick cerakote is ridiculous. My Midwest industries upper rod won't even fit and all the pin holes need cleaned before any pins are installed.

Yeah I think I've got to break it in, would totally agree she is tight like a tiger. Hopefully just needs to be broken in a bit. At least it's on and the pin comes out with some extra effort....went in easier the second time hopefully that trend continues.

CGN Regular
    Yeah I think I've got to break it in, would totally agree she is tight like a tiger. Hopefully just needs to be broken in a bit. At least it's on and the pin comes out with some extra effort....went in easier the second time hopefully that trend continues.
    Anodizing will add a tiny bit to every dimension so pin holes could be decreased in diameter by 1/2 a thou which given the tight tolerances ATRS keeps is possibly your problem. CeraKote adds about 2 thousanths so can cause some problems if the holes are not plugged when the coating is applied.