Page 215 of 238 FirstFirst ... 195205207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223225235 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    Sorry i have to ask, whats the point of building from the colt canada IUR ? youll still need a rail.. you know that right?

its a good barrel indeed. but not very cost efficient
    I think the IUR is a monolithic upper which includes the handguard. IUR = Integrated Upper Receiver.

Nevermind stupid me. You cant reuse the upper.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    I think the IUR is a monolithic upper which includes the handguard. IUR = Integrated Upper Receiver.
    well exact thats going to be hard to put on a modern sporter since the upper still attached

CGN Regular
    might i suggest buying that

https://www.nordicmarksman.com/Colt-...-C8C7-BCG.html

thats the only significant part you will use from that 1400$ iur (if it is included at all, ive never seen one that includes it)
    Last edited by biologic; 04-18-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Due to the geometry of the ATRS upper, you may not be able to get those 4 screws to fit without damaging the upper itself. It's not a matter of modifying, the screws might simply not fit. I'm basing this on dd lite rail 2, I could be wrong though. Older RIS II and LITE 1 rails could still fit except for the 3,9 o clock screws.
    I had to put the 3,9 o’clock screws in the drill press and hold some emery to them . You pretty much just have to remove the knurling. I’m not sure about newer rails . But the older lite rails with 6 bolts do need the two trimmed down. The Mfr looks like it will fit without trimming the bolt heads
    My post are 100% typed on iPhone and I have fat fingers . What looks like poor grammar or punctuation is just my own laziness. Misspelled words and are autocorrected to something else .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by blupul View Post
    I had to put the 3,9 o’clock screws in the drill press and hold some emery to them . You pretty much just have to remove the knurling. I’m not sure about newer rails . But the older lite rails with 6 bolts do need the two trimmed down. The Mfr looks like it will fit without trimming the bolt heads
    I can imagine you can trim it for the LITE, my RIS II 3,9 is closer to the middle and impossible.

I’m trying to buy a LITE for AR15, and the LITE 7.62. Any pointers?
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

Pm in bound
    My post are 100% typed on iPhone and I have fat fingers . What looks like poor grammar or punctuation is just my own laziness. Misspelled words and are autocorrected to something else .

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    might i suggest buying that

https://www.nordicmarksman.com/Colt-...-C8C7-BCG.html

thats the only significant part you will use from that 1400$ iur (if it is included at all, ive never seen one that includes it)
    They're not included... Pretty much the only things you get from an IUR usable in a (non-restricted) MS is the forward assist, ejection port cover, and flash hider...
    CCFR & CSSA Member

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more handguns.

CGN frequent flyer
    Anyone in GTA who can lend me the barrel rod for a week?

Much appreciated,

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    Anyone in GTA who can lend me the barrel rod for a week?

Much appreciated,
    Buy one cry once it’s a tool you’ll repeatedly use if this one build isn’t your last build.

CGN frequent flyer
    Buy one cry once it’s a tool you’ll repeatedly use if this one build isn’t your last build.
    Thank you.