Page 216 of 238 FirstFirst ... 196206208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224226236 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    I have what may be a silly question....

There is a tiny grub screw and ball bearing in a bag attached to the FRT - what are they for?

Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post

There is a tiny grub screw and ball bearing in a bag attached to the FRT - what are they for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkTTMUK2D4c

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post

That's your safety detent and spring. You have to insert it through the receiver (i used loctite as well) and then the grip goes overtop of it. Adjust the depth of the screw to increase/decrease the amount of effort it takes to flick the safety around.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    I didn't get a spring, just the screw and ball. The safety from my lpk installed fine. Should I remove that and install this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I’ve used both the captured spring and ball on a early receiver and also the conventional detent and spring on a later receiver and I actually much prefer the conventional set up for the way the safety feels. I suspect this is somewhat dependent on the groves in the particular safety used.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    I’ve used both the captured spring and ball on a early receiver and also the conventional detent and spring on a later receiver and I actually much prefer the conventional set up for the way the safety feels. I suspect this is somewhat dependent on the groves in the particular safety used.
    That can be the case, but it can also have a lot to do with the length you cut the spring to. Either way, it's a LOT more explanation to use the adjustable tension system.

CGN Regular
    Can anyone who has used a barrel with a .936 gas block please share which handguard they used that has proper clearance? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by biologic View Post
    Sorry i have to ask, whats the point of building from the colt canada IUR ? youll still need a rail.. you know that right?

its a good barrel indeed. but not very cost efficient (and it will be restricted)
    I think he is talking about IUR SAS gen 3 not the MRR.

Yes they are not cheap but it is very special. The lowest I found one was $1800 but I still bought it at the end.

Yes I don't think anyone would sell their IUR for $1400 with the BCG. Well my opinion for anyone who can buy a brand new BCG & IUR. They are in luck.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    Can anyone who has used a barrel with a .936 gas block please share which handguard they used that has proper clearance? Thanks.
    F1 hyperlite
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"