Page 236 of 238 FirstFirst ... 216226228229230231232233234235236237238 LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but it is build related I suppose...

I am wanting to purchase a couple .22 conversion kits for my Modern Sporters and am wondering if any AR kit will fit AND if there is one particular kit that runs better with the ATRS MS?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Taurkon View Post
    Not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but it is build related I suppose...

I am wanting to purchase a couple .22 conversion kits for my Modern Sporters and am wondering if any AR kit will fit AND if there is one particular kit that runs better with the ATRS MS?

Thanks!
    The CMMG works great, but you’ll need to ask ATRS to modify the back of the bolt because the MS receiver is slightly shorter than an AR.

CGN Regular
    Thanks Colin, I'll await an email response from ATRS

CGN frequent flyer

Thanks!
    I had a couple kits converted by ATRS, amazing customer service good price and they run flawlessly.. use the rifle more as a .22 plinker than I do anything else.

10/10 highly recommend.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

Thanks!
    Seconder for the Cmmg kit. They modified one for me too. Ran flawlessly , i even completed an ammo accuracy test with it and it would group 2” at 50 yards with mini mags.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Thanks Colin, I'll await an email response from ATRS
    The modified CMMG kit works the best in our experience. There is a minor modification required to the CMMG carrier required, but it is easily reversible just in the off chance we ever get to use an AR again.
    The big problem is getting the CMMG kits past CBSA these days.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    +1 for the CMMG kit and the modification from ATRS. works great but i found it needs to be kept pretty wet. might also be my cheap ammo i'm using.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    The CMMG works great, but you’ll need to ask ATRS to modify the back of the bolt because the MS receiver is slightly shorter than an AR.
    So.. If a regular BCG works fine sticking out slightly due to the shorter upper, why would the CMMG bolt not work? Not trying to be a smart *ss, a truly don't know. I just built my first MS and found it weird the BCG does not sit flush with the back of the receiver.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

Quote Originally Posted by mmcintyre1220 View Post
    So.. If a regular BCG works fine sticking out slightly due to the shorter upper, why would the CMMG bolt not work? Not trying to be a smart *ss, a truly don't know. I just built my first MS and found it weird the BCG does not sit flush with the back of the receiver.
    I believe they shorten the CMMG BCG overall then add a small block to the rear portion which prevents it from going back into the buffer tube. The AR bcg works fine because in an AR it retracts probably 3/8 to a 1/2" behind the ejection port so there is a larger tolerance. In the MS it only clears the ejection port by about 3/16." Maybe someone else can explain more clearly but the ATRS mod on the CMMG kit runs perfect .
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Agreed. After ATRS mod to cmmg kit it runs flawless.