Page 32 of 238 FirstFirst ... 122224252627282930313233343536373839404252 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    Can anyone confirm/deny the Maple Ride Armoury hand guards fit/don't?
    If the handguard fits on an AR itll fit on a modern sporter.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Finally found and ordered an A1 setup pencil barrel (in a reasonable twist, ie not 1-12) so my C7ish clone is coming along and my lower has been shipped (Cheer!). So my big question to everyone: can anyone PM me a recommendation for someone who does custom barrels? I'm looking at making a NR 9mm Colt Carbine for my slick side upper... A guy can dream right?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MACH View Post
    Finally found and ordered an A1 setup pencil barrel (in a reasonable twist, ie not 1-12) so my C7ish clone is coming along and my lower has been shipped (Cheer!). So my big question to everyone: can anyone PM me a recommendation for someone who does custom barrels? I'm looking at making a NR 9mm Colt Carbine for my slick side upper... A guy can dream right?
    We can make the barrel any way you want it, but attaching it to a Colt AR15 will still make it a restricted rifle, due to the fact it is an AR15.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We can make the barrel any way you want it, but attaching it to a Colt AR15 will still make it a restricted rifle, due to the fact it is an AR15.

I meant it's going to end up looking like a Colt 9mm Sporter, that's why I said I was using my (Modern Sporter) Slickside upper for the task.

If you could give me a ballpark on an 18.6" 9mm CMV Pencil with a midlength faux gas block-front sight, threaded, that would be amazing; as well as force me to get serious about testing a drop-in magwell conversion (after my lower comes in of course).

Quote Originally Posted by MACH View Post
    I meant it's going to end up looking like a Colt 9mm Sporter, that's why I said I was using my (Modern Sporter) Slickside upper for the task.

If you could give me a ballpark on an 18.6" 9mm CMV Pencil with a midlength faux gas block-front sight, threaded, that would be amazing; as well as force me to get serious about testing a drop-in magwell conversion (after my lower comes in of course).
    Best bet is to send us an email to the shop with precisely what you want and we can work together to try and create exactly what you want.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

It would seem that others here would disagree, or rather "fit" is somewhat subjective. Anti-walk/rotation tabs seem to be causing some consternation, new pa?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    If the handguard fits on an AR itll fit on a modern sporter.

It would seem that others here would disagree, or rather "fit" is somewhat subjective. Anti-walk/rotation tabs seem to be causing some consternation, new pa?
    MRA is adjusting their hand guard to fit our upper better. By better I mean their lines will align better with ours.
    As far as the new fad of anti rotation tabs, the only way any are of benefit is to fit them to the individual upper.

CGN Regular
    Handguards with anti rotation tabs don't even fit all "milspec" uppers, and rarely fit billet uppers.
    The anti rotation tabs are nice for assembly/alignment but really serve no purpose beyond assembly. Assemble it properly, and it'll never rotate.

Quote Originally Posted by ryroru View Post
    Has it been confirmed that bcm kmr/mcmr rails will work on these uppers?
    Thanks
    Just going off specs posted by ATRS, it looks like the MCMR I have should fit nicely. The anti-rotation "clip" may require a slight fitting with emery cloth but we are talking a very minute amount. The sides are very close to the upper dimensions as well, when installed I expect it to be nearly flush on both sides.

Edit-

If anyone is looking for a good gun room hammer, check out item # 88K21.50 from Lee Valley. I just got one and wish I picked it up earlier.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Pretty silly imo. Take a file and make it flush....not the first time for me, and wont be the last. If the barrel nut threads on its gtg as far as I'm concerned.
    I am a kit hor(der)