Page 36 of 238 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637383940414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swray1992 View Post
    Sorry, I misread
    https://albertatacticalrifle.com/hik...ory_pathway-14

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Have you tryed the reg spring/ detent? How does it feel?

I have the ball berring/ spring installed and find it a bit gritty,
    Spring didn’t line up with a K2 Grip, luckily I noticed the ball bearing before I mangled a second spring thinking I had messed up the alignment lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Have you tryed the reg spring/ detent? How does it feel?

I have the ball berring/ spring installed and find it a bit gritty,
    Mine is smooth as silk. At some point I may get a slightly stiffer spring bc I like my safety lever to be stiffer to throw. It’s not a deal breaker tho
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Brianma65;15424455
    I have the ball berring/ spring installed and find it a bit gritty,[/QUOTE]

Polish the contact points on the safety. Guaranteed the bearing is smooth. We found that some safeties are rather rough in finish or the detent reliefs are crudely cut with what appears to be a drill bit. Polishing the detent reliefs and the area that the detent or in our case the ball bearing rides helps this immensely. For a more positive engagement tighten the grub screw a little more.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Hey Sean/ATRS, everyone. Just thinking...would it be a thought to break up the discussion into parts? For example; fire control and operating, diet builds (light weight), furniture, etc. There is a lot of really good intel here, just a bit hard to parse through it all. If there was a thread for example for weight, then everyone wanting to geek out in grams could post what they have found. I know there are lots of other resources out there, but having something manufacture (ATRS), and specific to Canada and the joys we have in getting parts would be amazing. I know there is time/labour involved and moderating posts isn't top priority, but by simply breaking up the thread into chunks it might be more useful. I am so happy to see ATRS moving the NR industry forward and I think for all of us supporting NR will be critical in the future.

CGN Regular
    If they use a full length rifle buffer tube, the tube may need to be slightly modified on the initial sets as was previously discussed due to the buffer retainer. Otherwise there is no reason they wouldn’t fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Suchee View Post
    I'm on the bus! What about a light weight carrier for a 6.5 Grendel bolt? Nothing branded Brownells i could find except a full mass BCG. Great price though. Would it need a adjustable gas block or would a super light build even be appropriate with that round?
    I'm building this with my little girls in mind(11 and 13), they'd only shoot it twice a year, But they dont even like the weight of my 6lb AR. I'd like to get this to 5lb. Would recoil be that much if its really light?

edited to say, I found the JP low mass, but I cant pay $350USD to save 3oz
    You’ll want to run an adjustable gas block with a lightweight BCG. All my parts for my ATRS MS are currently on my Maccabee, they will get moved over when I get a MS upper. And the Maccabee can go on the EE.

I’m at 6.2lb with the Maccabee in 6.5 Grendel. No optic or mag. 7.8lb with optic, optic mount, bipod & sling.

I have gone to great lengths & expense to build it as light as I could. Anyone who says they can do a build light than 5.5lb is delusional, or seriously compromising the practicality of the rifle with stocks that have no cheek weld or handguards (brigdand) that will snag on everything in the Bush.

Here is my build list for the 6.2lb Maccabee. Keep in mind the ATRS reciever set is lighter.

Upper
    20” Faxon 6.5g barrel, the stainless steel fluted one, was the lightest off the shelf I could find at the time that was longer than 18.6”. Faxon now makes a 20” gunner 6.5G that is lighter.
    Faxon 15” Carbonfiber handguard with a V7 titanium barrel nut
    JP Enterprises ULMOS Bolt Carrier & JP 6.5G Bolt
    Superlative 0.750 gas block (waiting on a SLR Titanium one to be imported)
    Spikes Melonite gas tube, rifle length
    Precison Armament EFab muzzle brake (waiting on V7 Titanium brake to be imported)
    Strike industries port door (MS will get a V7 because lighter)

Lower:
    Geissele National Match trigger
    V7 Titanium Safety
    PWS buffer tube (MS will get a V7, waiting on import)
    JP silent capture spring system Gen 2
    Magpul MOE trigger guard (MS doesn’t require one)
    V7 aluminum magazine catch
    Phase 5 bolt release
    Magpul K Grip
    V7 Titanium grip screw
    MFT minimalist stock

My MS should be just a hair under 6lb once completed and all my parts arrive.

It shoots well, about 1-1.5moa with factory Hornady ammo, a bit more recoil than 5.56.

the JP BCG is expensive but VERY nice. For a budget light weight I’d look at The brownells Titanium or that light weight steel one they now sell.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Is it true that wolf 6.5 grendel will be coming into the country? Anyone know what its gonna end up costing per round?
    Man I wish someone would make a proprietary bolt and barrel extension for 6.5g, similar to what NEA did with their 7.62x39 bolt and barrels.
    The bolt is just so crazy thin....its wild.
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:04 AM.