Page 39 of 238 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353637383940414243444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

What would be involved in making a modern sporter upper into a side charging upper? Just some time in a mill and a new bcg?

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    What would be involved in making a modern sporter upper into a side charging upper? Just some time in a mill and a new bcg?
    They already did it. It's called the modern varmint
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

I want a side charging 9mm using glock mag...
    NR/R doesn’t matter lol

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    They already did it. It's called the modern varmint
    I know that. Just trying to see if it's possible as the modern sporter uses milspec parts and from I've read the varmint has a few proprietary parts in it. And I want to build it from the ground up. The costs dont sink in or hurt as much when I can buy parts whenever. I doubt anyone would part with their varmint so I can gut it and rebuild it to my specs

CGN Regular
    I know that. Just trying to see if it's possible as the modern sporter uses milspec parts and from I've read the varmint has a few proprietary parts in it. And I want to build it from the ground up. The costs dont sink in or hurt as much when I can buy parts whenever. I doubt anyone would part with their varmint so I can gut it and rebuild it to my specs
    They are 2 totally different uppers and lowers. The only compatability is the furniture they use.
    Rick has stated many times they can't sell stripped Varmint receiver sets for insurance reasons due to the number of proprietary parts that are used in them.
    The way the uppers attach to the lower is completely different between the Varmint and the Sporter.
    Could they completely redesign the Sporter upper to make it a side charge system, sure but why would they seeing as they already have the Varmint built, classified and produced? Not to mention that for at least the next 18 months they are burried making Sporters.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soforcy View Post
    I want a side charging 9mm using glock mag...
    NR/R doesn’t matter lol
    American Spirit Arms already makes something like that if you are ok with lower quality than what ATRS makes. Not sure what mag they use though.

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    American Spirit Arms already makes something like that if you are ok with lower quality than what ATRS makes. Not sure what mag they use though.
    Thanks for the info. I will do some research on that.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Why not bounce us an email with what you want? We may be able to work out something.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Why not bounce us an email with what you want? We may be able to work out something.
    Does your email even work? I’ve sent several to you with no reply.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Does your email even work? I’ve sent several to you with no reply.
    Unless you changed your email address, I'm wondering if you've been emailing someone else... I just searched for your emails (J.G) and they look like they're all responded to. PM me with the email address you sent the message from, and when you sent it if there was anything sent within the last week that's not responded to.

Thanks