Page 40 of 238 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    Hi guys , So im new to this platform/rifle. While we wait for delivery i thought i would start buying some parts here and there. Not looking for high end stuff, nor cheap junk. There seems to be so many brands and price differences. Hard to grasp it. Some good suggestions to point me in the right direction would be great. I havent purchased a thing yet. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jonbpc View Post
    Hi guys , So im new to this platform/rifle. While we wait for delivery i thought i would start buying some parts here and there. Not looking for high end stuff, nor cheap junk. There seems to be so many brands and price differences. Hard to grasp it. Some good suggestions to point me in the right direction would be great. I havent purchased a thing yet. thanks
    That is subjective to everyones taste, I would think you should first decide what you want out of the gun or its intended purpose,(lightweight, precision,competition, varmint hunting etc etc etc )then start googling pictures to see what looks good to your eye and then read reviews on those parts. Another option would be just to go to ATRS website and look at the varmint/hunter pics and options list to see what quality parts they use. I could tell you what I like but judging by the millions of other modern sporting rifles I’m but only 1 opinion.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mytiburon View Post
    That is subjective to everyones taste, I would think you should first decide what you want out of the gun or its intended purpose,(lightweight, precision,competition, varmint hunting etc etc etc )then start googling pictures to see what looks good to your eye and then read reviews on those parts. Another option would be just to go to ATRS website and look at the varmint/hunter pics and options list to see what quality parts they use. I could tell you what I like but judging by the millions of other modern sporting rifles I’m but only 1 opinion.

I want to start by trying to come as close as possible to replicate an A2. No competition plans, weight isnt a big deal for me. Reliability obviously would be. Im gonna look at ATRS site right now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:04 AM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I bought a Stag 15 "retro" A2 rifle kit. It comes with everything you need to build a rifle. Think it was less than $850 IIRC
    Hey that seems up my alley! Any idea with any compatibility issues? looks like it comes with an upper. That would be useless right?

thanks again

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:05 AM.

What’s thoughts on go/no go guages. I don’t have a set. Is it vital? I don’t want to roll the dice on $2000 worth of parts. Any thoughts. ??
    "Victory favours the prepared"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by robab View Post
    What’s thoughts on go/no go guages. ??
    If you build ARs you should have a set .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I’ve only built two AR 10 and three AR 15 and I’ve used the .223 no go gauge once.

Now I just make a dummy rnd and chamber it, if the bolt closes, its a go .

If the bolt don’t close, then your SOL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    So,anybody try the maritime bolt catch? It’s good to go , I hope, or there’ll be a good deal on the EE