Page 62 of 238 FirstFirst ... 425254555657585960616263646566676869707282 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I'm a little confused as to why people would be whining about the cost of the MS receiver sets.

When you consider the price range of other NR firearms you can build a MS anywhere within that price range.

The possibilities of what you can do with this are endless. You're not limited to making due with one of the other proprietary platforms.

When you factor in the final build cost being within the price range of other options combined with the ability to customize the build to your EXACT needs I see no logic in anyone's argument that these receivers may be overpriced.

And if anyone is comparing apples to apples they would see that there are other high quality billet ar15 receiver sets made by much larger US companies that sell up to within a hundred bucks of the MS.

IMHO the pricing is bang on where it should be.
    There are many in the Canadian firearms community that refuse to face the reality that this is Canada NOT the USA. Most also fail to take into account the exchange rate and costs of getting gun stuff out of the USA. Add that to their complete failure to understand that there are many reasons products made in canada cost more than similar products do in the USA and you have whiners with no clue. Wages, taxes, cost to operate a business and the list goes on.
    There are a few twits that have commented on facebook that all of the Canadian made NRs are grossly overpriced, the unfortunate thing there is that they have absolutely no clue but do in all likelyhood own some cheap crap guns, which truly makes them dangerous. Check the ATRS facebook page.

What I find funny is that they same morons have no problem paying $300.00 for an SKS that when new, was made for under $20.00, by communist countries where the workers did not really get paid fairly for their work, so the root cost was strictly the materials. Makes me wonder what their song would be if Canada worked under the same premise as 1950s USSR did?

I'm not a rich person at all and i don't find it overpriced whatsoever.. you could call it an expensive product, and it is for a reason. But I like it expensive. Pay to play. Less cheap gun goofs running around with %99 ARs In the bush that way too.
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    I wonder if canadians also slag gun shops/makers more than any other gun-person? Lots of people on cgn durr love ripping into companies, I especially find it funny when one tears a business a new one and still buys a product lol.
    Clearly you haven’t made your way to the American gun sites. Lol

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Clearly you haven’t made your way to the American gun sites. Lol

Lol no I only have time for a few forums.

That picture is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    I'm not a rich person at all and i don't find it overpriced whatsoever.. you could call it an expensive product, and it is for a reason. But I like it expensive. Pay to play. Less cheap gun goofs running around with %99 ARs In the bush that way too.
    I'm totally gonna be running around the Bush with mine.
    But it's okay dont worry, no one will be able to see me because camo. Also Ninja.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 01-05-2019 at 02:54 AM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

The sub $500 USD AR-15's are such bad quality I find when I was down in the states checking out a few gun shops for fun. They are even worse than Norincos.

I prefer high entry point quality products and this doesn't only apply to firearms. I think you'll appreciate it more and treat it better than a cheap AR that you're probably gonna trash. You also get the benefit of strong resale value. Look at the MH's and MV's, all command high resale value. You can literally buy one, use for few years and sell back for not much less than what you pay for.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomiheko View Post
    Look at the MH's and MV's, all command high resale value. You can literally buy one, use for few years and sell back for not much less than what you pay for.
    I mean, I always see a few MHs for sale for huge prices, because the person who ordered them went all out on parts, but, I dont know if I've seen them sell. Ive seen a couple MH's on the EE being bumped for months. People like cheap guns because its what they can afford. Dont spend big money on a gun ever thinking youll recuperate your cash for it used, IMO
    Last edited by HotSoup; 01-06-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    f:P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    I mean, I always see a few MHs for sale for huge prices, because the person who ordered them went all out on parts, but, I dont know if I've seen them sell. Ive seen a couple MH's on the EE being bumped for months. People like cheap guns because its what they can afford. Dont spend big money on a gun ever thinking youll recuperate your cash ,IMO
    I had a top end MV build, and i took a very big hit on it, on the EE

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    I had a top end MV build, and i took a very big hit on it, on the EE
    Which is why when i heard the MS was coming along i chucked my MV, also i chucked my BCL102 when i heard about the Stag10.

I personally love ATRS and what they are doing, i'm sure if they had a market in the US they would be cheaper.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    Which is why when i heard the MS was coming along i chucked my MV, also i chucked my BCL102 when i heard about the Stag10.

I personally love ATRS and what they are doing, i'm sure if they had a market in the US they would be cheaper.
    No doubt.
    I wasn’t complaining about the price at all.
    Just adding a comment to the other posters comment, regarding the MV/MH holding its value.

I think the MS will hold its value more so than the MV.
    At least until something similar comes along.