Page 69 of 238 FirstFirst ... 495961626364656667686970717273747576777989 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    SLR = $1000 receiver set
    ATRS = $500 lower, and you decide your upper (slick side or FA)
    Slick side = $485
    Forward assist = $600ish I think?

Better of the 2... I haven’t handled either, but I’m willing to by bet my left nut, ATRS.

Macabee had a ton of problems at the beginning, and were not forthcoming with the information. They actually purposefully led on incorrect timeframes, came up with unacceptable solutions (cerakote vs anodize), etc.

It appears some bugs have been worked out, but some still exist.

ATRS has been fully upfront on any issues they’ve encountered. And admittedly the first batch will have some minor issues with buffer tubes, but a few solutions were offered.
    So you would bet your left nut on two pieces of hardware you have even touched or had first hand experience with? Wow I hope you don’t do that with everything in your life because you will eventually have to sit down to pee.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    So you would bet your left nut on two pieces of hardware you have even touched or had first hand experience with? Wow I hope you don’t do that with everything in your life because you will eventually have to sit down to pee.
    With the track record of ATRS, and the Modern Varmint that i owned, i would bet both my nuts this will blow the SLR out of the water in terms of quality, fit, and finish.
    Last edited by AMET; 01-16-2019 at 09:37 AM.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    I do on sure things.

Thanks for worrying about me. There’s always a punchers chance that the SLR is better, and ATRS dropped the ball completely, don’t get me wrong.

But proven track records will say otherwise. Did you have a helping hand in the SLR design, is that why you’re bitter it sucks?

BANNED
    Unless ATRS adds a trigger box and bolts from home depot I think we are safe.... lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I’m willing to bet Amets two nuts, that the ATRS is the better of the two ha ha

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Who care's which is better? Either sell it or don't buy it if you don't like one or the other.

Back to what this thread is for now.
    I now have all the parts for one of the two MS builds I'm excited about.
    MRA 18.6 pencil barrel .223 wylde (Black) only using a thread protector
    MRA V1 15" hand guard
    Superlative Arms adjustable gas black
    V7 Titanium ambi safety selector/bolt catch/ mag release/ castle nut/ QD endplate (all black)
    BCM gunfighter grip mod-2 (black)
    Raptor SL charging handle (black)
    Daniel defensecollapsible butstock (black)
    Geissele rapid fire trigger
    Brownells lightweight BCG TiN
    3oz buffer with chrome silicon spring

Everything is black except for the BCG. I'll be getting the receiver/handguard/and buffer tube cerekoted with a semi gloss black.
    Will be putting a Nikon Blackforce 1000 1-4x24 mounted on a nightforce 20MOA unimount (currently rides on my SLR. great scope for the money)

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Who care's which is better? Either sell it or don't buy it if you don't like one or the other.

Back to what this thread is for now.
    I now have all the parts for one of the two MS builds I'm excited about.
    MRA 18.6 pencil barrel .223 wylde (Black)
    Curious about the actual weight of this barrel.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Curious about the actual weight of this barrel.
    Website says 1lb 9oz. Mine was shipped monday due to the backorder when I bought it during their christmas sale. When I get it I'll put it on the scale and let you know.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Website says 1lb 9oz. Mine was shipped monday due to the backorder when I bought it during their christmas sale. When I get it I'll put it on the scale and let you know.
    Mine weighed 26.0 oz. I'd be curious if there is some variation with yours once you weigh it.