Page 93 of 238 FirstFirst ... 7383858687888990919293949596979899100101103113 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    What are the prices for the 7.62x39 brass and ammo? Just confirmed my barrel is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    OMG, a case hardened upper, that would be amazing!
    Think there was someone around that did bone hardening, super pretty.
    You are probably thinking of the Turnbull Custom AR10's & AR15's. Google TAR10 or TAR15, some of them are pretty incredible looking for a displace piece.

If ATRS did steel set with a A1 style integrated upper carry handle, I would have to buy a set I do love the retro stuff.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRBurton View Post
    What are the prices for the 7.62x39 brass and ammo? Just confirmed my barrel is on the way.
    With volatility of markets and constantly changing pricing, for up to date pricing please email the shop at info@albertatacticalrifle.com
    Last edited by ATRS Shaun; 02-05-2019 at 06:26 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN frequent flyer
    Just ordered parts for my spare upper so would like the set to hurry up and get here! 224 Valkyrie from IBI...26 inch barrel, +3 gas system, 1/6.5 twist, JP 17.25 inch rail, Trigger Tech adjustable trigger...should be sweeeet!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
    Just ordered parts for my spare upper so would like the set to hurry up and get here! 224 Valkyrie from IBI...26 inch barrel, +3 gas system, 1/6.5 twist, JP 17.25 inch rail, Trigger Tech adjustable trigger...should be sweeeet!

Uppers are getting very close, very close indeed.

To everyone in the first production run. We know who you are.
    PLEASE let US contact you regarding when your upper is done, this will only expedite things for everyone.
    We can spend hours answering individual emails or hours packing and shipping uppers when they are ready, but not both. The more emails and calls we need to reply to the longer it will take to process everything. We will be emailing everyone has has a SLICK SIDE upper that is ready togo as soon as it IS ready to go.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post

PLEASE let US contact you regarding when your upper is done, this will only expedite things for everyone.
    We can spend hours answering individual emails or hours packing and shipping uppers when they are ready, but not both. The more emails and calls we need to reply to the longer it will take to process everything. We will be emailing everyone has has a SLICK SIDE upper that is ready togo as soon as it IS ready to go.
    Yaaaaaay

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    This may be a dumb question but here it goes anyways...

When using a gas system that long is there still enough pressure that it will still work with a full mass bcg?

Or are you obligated to use a lightweight bcg and/or play with buffer weight or springs?

I was looking at a barrel (from a different manufacturer) with a +2 gas length and asked the sales associate these same questions and he wasn't able to answer me so needless to say I didn't buy it.

If anyone has any knowledge about this I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

No. Still plenty of dwell time with the +3 on a 26 inch. My 20 inch +2 works just fine. I currently run and will run on the new setup an adjustable gas block so just turn it up until it works. I will run a full mass, plain Jane ordinary BCG.

My 6.5 is a rifle length 22 inch and I wish I went +2 instead. Cant slow it down enough to not beat up the brass. Longer should also be softer shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post

We can spend hours answering individual emails or hours packing and shipping uppers when they are ready, but not both. The more emails and calls we need to reply to the longer it will take to process everything. We will be emailing everyone has has a SLICK SIDE upper that is ready to go as soon as it IS ready to go.
    Since I'm waiting on a handguard still I'll wait for the phone call. Then I'll wait for the second phone call to let me know the Cerakote is done. Then I'll book the next day off, run over to the shop after work to pickup my parts and then build and test fire it the next day.