Page 47 of 238 FirstFirst ... 273739404142434445464748495051525354555767 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by cwpowell View Post
    Trying for a light weight build.

Front to back:

Ascend Armoury Titanium Brake Mod 1
    Odin .223 Wylde Stainless Barrel (not light)
    Battle Arms Titanium Gas Block
    V7 Weapons Titanium Gas Tube
    Battle Arms Rigid Rail 15”
    Brownells Light Weight Bolt Carrier in DLC
    Battle Arms Titanium Takedown Pins
    TriggerTech Adaptive Trigger
    V7 Titanium Ambi Selector
    V7 Titanium Trigger/Hammer Pins
    V7 Titanium Mag Catch
    V7 Titanium Endplate
    V7 Titanium Castle Nut
    V7 Weapons Light Weight Buffer Tube
    Strike Industries Stock
    Trijicon Accupoint 1-6x24
    ADM Mount
    Looks like a good parts list. I would suggest you add an adjustable gas block if you are running a light weight BCG, or you will be over gassed. If you want to save some weight on the optic mount the Aero Precision mounts are light, but a bit of a pain in the ass to get the scope level with.

Quote Originally Posted by scottcullen View Post
    Slowly getting all the parts together!

Gieselle g2s-e trigger
    Bcl 18.6 stainless barrel
    Bcm kmr alpha 17 handguard
    B5 govt issue stock in yote brown

https://imgur.com/a/fabetqs
    I’m curious to know it the KMR anti-rotational tab will fit the upper.

Quote Originally Posted by juancarlos View Post
    I’m curious to know it the KMR anti-rotational tab will fit the upper.
    Or you just cut it off...
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

For anyone looking at what I think is a Norgon style ambi mag release from TNA, I was unable to successfully release the magazine using the ambi side. The part worked fine as a normal release however. YMMV

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sedated View Post
    For anyone looking at what I think is a Norgon style ambi mag release from TNA, I was unable to successfully release the magazine using the ambi side. The part worked fine as a normal release however. YMMV
    That's interesting to hear... Can you try loosening it by a rotation or two and see if it will function then ?

I tried both installing to where the stud is flush to the top of the button (BAD extended), as well as backing it off a turn. Unfortunately I mailed the part back today so I can't test further.

CGN Regular
    I'll try an actual norgon tomorrow for you.
    Honestly, TNA resells a lot of Chinese copies, and the parts I've seen first hand may look the part, but the quality is definitely questionable. They seem like a good group to deal with, I just wouldn't buy anything from them that wasn't a well known brand name item.

CGN Regular
    I had bought one of TNA's "Norgons" and while they sell some quality budget parts at a market discount, this release is not one of them. Fit was what you'd expect but the button was gritty to the point of being unusable presumably due to some burr in there somewhere. Do not recommend.

CGN Regular
    If you’re interested in knock off parts at a price consistent with their quality, download the wish app.... I’m pretty sure the junk is coming from the same Chinese source, so why pay 400-600% markup on garbage.
    I definitely don’t suggest using cheap junk on a firearm, but I’m also against a retailer selling knockoff crap at a massive mark up.
    An example is their “ premium charging handle “ that they sell for 60$... wish sells the identical one for 10$ shipped from China... and I do mean identical. Save the extra money and buy a quality unit instead

Anyone planning on running a 7.62x39 upper?

I know 223 is relatively cheap as is - but for lots of trigger time, hard to beat the cost of surplus 7.62.

Personally, I’m fine shooting/hunting a deer with a 223, albeit I know the argument for some is ‘how humane’ is it.
    I’ve got my stag10 in 308 as well, but the practical part of me wants everything rolled into one.

223 is my go to for long to mid-range precision matches. 308 is also another favourite for long range, but for trigger time it’s definitely more costly.

Thought about 6.5 Grendel, but it gets back to the $/round cost