Page 51 of 238 FirstFirst ... 314143444546474849505152535455565758596171 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    Good question, it's the only thing missing from my build right now haha. It's a ##### to pay shipping across Canada for just a dust cover too.
    Found them on sale for a grand total of $36 shipped to me from Vancouver. Shipping anything in this country is ridiculous. A simple letter is $1.50 anymore. And it's not like anyone will absorb the shipping cost into the total. The cost should be passed onto the consumer if they are to lazy to get their own

Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    I was hoping for some help. I’ve never built a rifle before. I have flipped through every page of this thread, but still have a lot of questions bouncing around my head. There are a lot of abbreviations used for parts ordered and manufacturers- I literally have no idea what you’re all talking about .

I was hoping someone could provide a list of parts and tools needed to complete a build for the Modern Sporter. Just a general “barrel, trigger, hand guard, safety, springy thingy for the whatsamacallit, etc”. It would great to have a checklist I could reference when ordering parts to ensure I have everything needed for the final build. Also, if there are any particular tools needed as well.

Thanks in advance!
    Go to YouTube, watch building a AR-15 videos with Larry Potterfield from Midway USA. It will give you an idea what is involved. You certainly do not need every tool he uses, but it sure helps.

Just keep in mind that the ATRS MS is not milspec, so the clampshell upper reciever clamp blocks won’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Go to YouTube, watch building a AR-15 videos with Larry Potterfield from Midway USA. It will give you an idea what is involved. You certainly do not need every tool he uses, but it sure helps.

Just keep in mind that the ATRS MS is not milspec, so the clampshell upper reciever clamp blocks won’t work.
    I have a lot to learn. I saw that mill-spec and commercial were options for the stock, so Shaun at ATRS got back to me to let me know how that works (said I can use either platform (mil-spec or commercial) for the stock and buffer tube. But it sounds like i’ll Run into those options (mill-spec or commercial) for other parts too....

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post

Do we use the Geissele Reaction rod then? Or is there another way? Its $80 USD

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Suchee View Post
    Thats the proper way of doing it. Get the brownells one its cheaper. If you think thats expensive wait for it

You can also probably use a MagPul BEV block, at least that’s what I expect to use - but they run around the $80 mark as well. And as has been stated above, if you think that’s expensive - wait for it
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

BANNED
    Doesn't TNA have a reaction rod? I mean all it has to do is fit the barrel extension so.....

Quote Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
    Doesn't TNA have a reaction rod? I mean all it has to do is fit the barrel extension so.....
    They do, barrel torque tools
    Ar15, ar10 or dual. Price is $75-150

If you think $80USD is bad, go look up the AR10 version. And yes I use & recomment a Geissele reaction rod.
    Last edited by mileageman; 12-29-2018 at 09:12 AM.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    You can also probably use a MagPul BEV block, at least that’s what I expect to use - but they run around the $80 mark as well. And as has been stated above, if you think that’s expensive - wait for it
    You cannot use a Magpul BEV block, the geometry of the front of the upper interferes, as the front takedown pin is quite a bit lower than would exist on an ar15