Page 76 of 238 FirstFirst ... 566668697071727374757677787980818283848696 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Razor HD GEN 2 is really nice, it’s a 1-6 though. I’m going to pick up a Burris rt6, they’re around $400USD.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    This whole thread shows that (of those that posted their builds/intentions) an extremely slim portion of Sporters will actually get carried around and beat up by coureurs des bois, vast majority are Gucci builds that will live on a bench.

Not saying this is a good or bad thing.
    Gucci parts don't mean they won't get used hard.
    My nearly 6k$ modern Hunter got used in the bush lots, so why would this be any different?
    I've got roughly 3k rounds through mine, and only a few hundred from a bench

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Gucci parts don't mean they won't get used hard.
    My nearly 6k$ modern Hunter got used in the bush lots, so why would this be any different?
    I've got roughly 3k rounds through mine, and only a few hundred from a bench
    Keep rubbing it in that you got the prototype upper, while my beautiful lower sits here without a top half... :-p

Thanks for all the testing though!

My own sporter is going to be getting a bit of everything... Off the bench, guaranteed. Some dragging through the field, absolutely. And some rough range time, ie. 3gun even if it's just to practice with those who are looking to compete.

I think there's going to be a lot of sporters showing up in the Canadian 3 gun scene this year

Mine will be a 3G focused build, hope I can get at least one match in with it.....I hope, only seven more months! if all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Keep rubbing it in that you got the prototype upper, while my beautiful lower sits here without a top half... :-p

Thanks for all the testing though!

My own sporter is going to be getting a bit of everything... Off the bench, guaranteed. Some dragging through the field, absolutely. And some rough range time, ie. 3gun even if it's just to practice with those who are looking to compete.

I think there's going to be a lot of sporters showing up in the Canadian 3 gun scene this year

CGN Regular
    My “Gucci” build will be used in 3G.

I'm sliding in at under 1500 all in....
    I spent more money on optics than on parts (not including receiver set)
    I am a kit hor(der)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    I'm not saying how much I've spent.

But I'm going to shoot gophers with it.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ssapach View Post
    I'm not saying how much I've spent.

But I'm going to shoot gophers with it.
    From a bench.

Mines gunna be a truck/bush gun. If I can get it at 8 or 9 pounds I'll be more than happy. Not bad to pack 2-300 meters and call coyotes or blast gophers with

For me it will be paper, cans , bottles , water jugs , trees, non organic fruit and gluten. Maybe the odd gopher or squirrel. Oh and my favorite tannerite . Hard stance on gluten its an epidemic. But so delicious

Just be nice to plink around in the woods and not be at a range