Page 137 of 238 FirstFirst ... 117127129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145147157 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by J.L.C. View Post
    This is my first ever build, so I have no idea what typical fitment involves. Will I be okay with some hand files and a dremel?
    A file is plenty, it is not like you are removing much material to fit the anti-rotation tabs on a hand guard to an upper. Dremels are great tools but can remove more than you need in a real hurry.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    A file is plenty, it is not like you are removing much material to fit the anti-rotation tabs on a hand guard to an upper. Dremels are great tools but can remove more than you need in a real hurry.
    Wise words.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    I finally opened the box and see that my Mk14 is new production with no tabs, just the screws.

CGN Regular
    I finally opened the box and see that my Mk14 is new production with no tabs, just the screws.
    There’s still tabs at the bottom where the anti rotational screws go in right? The top two tabs were gone for a long time. The bottom ones are newer which houses the anti rotational set screws. This will interfere with the upper. Please see my 4 pictures above.

Unless they’ve recently updated the rails to even removing the bottom tabs.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    There’s still tabs at the bottom where the anti rotational screws go in right? The top two tabs were gone for a long time. The bottom ones are newer which houses the anti rotational set screws. This will interfere with the upper. Please see my 4 pictures above.

Unless they’ve recently updated the rails to even removing the bottom tabs.
    Damn. Yes, the lower ears are there. Mine is in DDC so filing is going to leave them looking ugly.

I guess I should be putting these up on the EE and looking for new handguards

My lower receiver arrived today, with a decent scratch on it.

Just not my day...

Do the Aero hand guards fit? Do they come with a barrel nut?
    Last edited by J.L.C.; 10-01-2019 at 10:30 PM.

CGN Regular
    Sell it to me lol PM me.
    Damn. Yes, the lower ears are there. Mine is in DDC so filing is going to leave them looking ugly.

Just not my day...

I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

Just not my day...

I’m curious to know if the Aero Precision ATLAS R-ONE handguards fit. Does anyone have any first hand information?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Operator625; 10-02-2019 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Spelling, grammar, and punctuation
    Pull. Bang. Sh|t!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Operator625 View Post
    I’m curious to know if the Aero Precision ATLAS R-ONE handguards fit. Does anyone have any first hand information?

Thanks!
    Do you own a bandsaw?

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Do you own a bandsaw?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I might have to reconsider my handguard plans... I’m not sure I want to go down the bandsaw path...

Thank you for the information and the picture!
    Pull. Bang. Sh|t!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Operator625 View Post
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I might have to reconsider my handguard plans... I’m not sure I want to go down the bandsaw path...

Thank you for the information and the picture!
    I'd also love some advice on quality FDE/DDC handguards. It seems a shame to chop up good rails. This Geissele set me back a pretty penny!
    Last edited by J.L.C.; 10-02-2019 at 11:06 AM.