Page 212 of 238 FirstFirst ... 192202204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220222232 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    How do you find the bigger 0.936" bull barrel style BSF?

I'm going with a 0.875" non fluted version.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayf01 View Post
    I know myself and a few others were asking about hand guards that fit a 0.936 gas block. I ended up going with an Odin Works RAGNA 17.5" hand guard along with an IBI 19" R/S profile barrel with the low profile 0.936" Gas Block. As I don't have my upper and lower yet (run 3) I can't be 100%. However when I put the hand guard over top the barrel and it appears to be horizontal inside, there is a decent amount of clearance around the gas block still. The hand guard is supposed to have a 1.35" ID.

I'm planning to squeeze the same barrel into a BCM MCMR. Here's hoping it fits!

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    It didn't fit my KMR.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN Regular
    I went with the IBI barrel (0.936 block) as well and a strike industries hand guard and It fits with room to spare. The hand guard is made to fit around suppressors and has 1.55” of internal space. Fits the IBI low pro block easily and both the Superlative arms and Odin works has block. Good quality hand guard too, I didn’t have to compromise looks, weight, ergonomics, rails etc. Just to for the gas block.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN frequent flyer
    I had an IBI barrel w/0.936 block, their low profile gas block and a BCM MCMR handguard. The clearance was nil along the bottom. Even after shaving the Allen screws to be flush with the gas block. It would work with some dremel work, but I had no interest in butchering a HG.
    With an ALG EMR v2 there was ~1/16“ clearance under the rail and 1/8" clearance on the bottom. IIRC it was a PITA to time the barrel nut on the ALG, but it was solid.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    I had an IBI barrel w/0.936 block, their low profile gas block and a BCM MCMR handguard. The clearance was nil along the bottom. Even after shaving the Allen screws to be flush with the gas block. It would work with some dremel work, but I had no interest in butchering a HG.
    With an ALG EMR v2 there was ~1/16“ clearance under the rail and 1/8" clearance on the bottom. IIRC it was a PITA to time the barrel nut on the ALG, but it was solid.

My BSF, SA gas block, and MRA V1 Handguard was similar to the BCM config. you had. You can see very faint rub marks from the install on the Handguard, I’d be shocked it it passed/will pass the dollar bill test. But it shoots good so I’m happy.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    Thanks to everyone who replied and saved me a headache. Does anyone know of an mlok free float handguard with an internal diameter between 1.45" - 1.55"? I was really hoping to make the MCMR work but it is more for aesthetics than anything.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    I went with the IBI barrel (0.936 block) as well and a strike industries hand guard and It fits with room to spare. The hand guard is made to fit around suppressors and has 1.55” of internal space. Fits the IBI low pro block easily and both the Superlative arms and Odin works has block. Good quality hand guard too, I didn’t have to compromise looks, weight, ergonomics, rails etc. Just to for the gas block.
    Which model of Strike Industries did you go with?

CGN Regular
    Which model of Strike Industries did you go with?
    Strike industries strike rail 17”. Feel free to pm me your # for a pic of it half @$$ “assembled”
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Getting my build redone with new parts. The accuracy of the S&J dimpled barrel was atrocious so now I have a IBI 19" out for cerakote and up to now, I haven't been able to install my LAW Folder due to the JP Silent Capture Spring in use. Does anyone know where I can source either an Anarchy Outdoors SCS compatible bolt extension or the JP Enterprises kit to make my spring work with a Law folder?