Page 78 of 238 FirstFirst ... 586870717273747576777879808182838485868898 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by blupul View Post
    Its perfectly legal , just more hassle . never knew there was a firearms call police database.

I know a couple of conservation officers here in BC, and they have told me that they don't ever call it in unless there's some sort of Investigation. For a random stop check, they don't bother.

And of course, if something were to happen with that in the future you sold your rifle a couple of months before they came knocking, right?
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    I know a couple of conservation officers here in BC, and they have told me that they don't ever call it in unless there's some sort of Investigation. For a random stop check, they don't bother.

And of course, if something were to happen with that in the future you sold your rifle a couple of months before they came knocking, right?
    Easy enough to say until C71
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Easy enough to say until C71
    Even after c71 they wont know about any rifles sold prior to c71.
    And as far as I understand it personal sales of nr firearms aren't required to be recorded. If anyone voluntarily reports the private sale they aren't to brite.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Even after c71 they wont know about any rifles sold prior to c71.
    And as far as I understand it personal sales of nr firearms aren't required to be recorded. If anyone voluntarily reports the private sale they aren't to brite.
    Unfortunately, that is not correct.

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en.../third-reading

Authorization to transfer non-restricted firearms
    23 (1) A person may transfer one or more non-restricted firearms if, at the time of the transfer,
    (a) the transferee holds a licence authorizing the transferee to acquire and possess a non-restricted firearm;
    (b) the Registrar has, at the transferor’s request, issued a reference number for the transfer and provided it to the transferor; and
    (c) the reference number is still valid.
    Information — transferee’s licence
    (2) The transferee shall provide to the transferor the prescribed information that relates to the transferee’s licence, for the purpose of enabling the transferor to request that the Registrar issue a reference number for the transfer.
    Reference number
    (3) The Registrar shall issue a reference number if he or she is satisfied that the transferee holds and is still eligible to hold a licence authorizing them to acquire and possess a non-restricted firearm.
    Period of validity
    (4) A reference number is valid for the prescribed period.
    Registrar not satisfied
    (5) If the Registrar is not satisfied as set out in subsection (3), he or she may so inform the transferor.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Unfortunately, that is not correct.

http://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en.../third-reading

Authorization to transfer non-restricted firearms
    23 (1) A person may transfer one or more non-restricted firearms if, at the time of the transfer,
    (a) the transferee holds a licence authorizing the transferee to acquire and possess a non-restricted firearm;
    (b) the Registrar has, at the transferor’s request, issued a reference number for the transfer and provided it to the transferor; and
    (c) the reference number is still valid.
    Information — transferee’s licence
    (2) The transferee shall provide to the transferor the prescribed information that relates to the transferee’s licence, for the purpose of enabling the transferor to request that the Registrar issue a reference number for the transfer.
    Reference number
    (3) The Registrar shall issue a reference number if he or she is satisfied that the transferee holds and is still eligible to hold a licence authorizing them to acquire and possess a non-restricted firearm.
    Period of validity
    (4) A reference number is valid for the prescribed period.
    Registrar not satisfied
    (5) If the Registrar is not satisfied as set out in subsection (3), he or she may so inform the transferor.
    I stand corrected. If this isnt a registry I dont know what is. Its horse$#!+

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    I stand corrected. If this isnt a registry I dont know what is. Its horse$#!+
    Absolutely.

There's a reason I underlined and highlighted Registrar, and Reference number.

It should be interesting to see what compliance is like. I'm thinking it'll be significantly less than the 100% old Ralph is expecting.

I know I will be phoning the CFO everytime I buy a new firearm just to clarify that the rifle is not registered to me. Seeing as how this is
    "Not a long gun registry"

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Mine weighed 26.0 oz. I'd be curious if there is some variation with yours once you weigh it.
    mine weighed 26.0 oz

Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    Shaun,

I plan to come pick up my upper when it is ready, are you guys able to check my barrel/bolt combination (headspace) if I bring them along to the shop?
    I can't see that being a problem.

So to sort of get us back on track (I think there are other threads for the legal stuff)....to dust cover or not? Has a dust cover ever saved your bacon, or ruined your day?
    Comments from the sand box?
    Forward assist....beaten to death I know, i LOVE that I could get the "slick slide", my first AR was an SP1 so that is how I think they should come. It seems that the majority here are running a FA upper....is it for the potential stealth option of quietly sneaking a round into battery? Sand box players?? Has a FA saved you bacon or just made a function problem worse? I know beaten to death elsewhere, but I still can't see the logic of "lets just jam that round that won't go in, in"....but maybe it works.