Page 169 of 238 FirstFirst ... 149159161162163164165166167168169170171172173174175176177179189 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by P11 View Post
    Yah I feel like some material needs to come off the cover for it to perform a perfect seal on the SS upper. Not sure what to sand down though lol. Frustrating, not a fan of this dust cover at all. Do regular mil spec ones work?
    Yes a mil spec cover works. I have the cheaper of the 2 strike industries covers and it works great on my ss upper. And matches the anodizing perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Yes a mil spec cover works. I have the cheaper of the 2 strike industries covers and it works great on my ss upper. And matches the anodizing perfectly
    Whats the cheaper one called?

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/ctcsuppl...st-cover-ar15/

How does this one work? I have the regular ultimate dust cover. This one is the enhanced ultimate. Maybe it fits better.

Quote Originally Posted by P11 View Post
    Whats the cheaper one called?
    I have the enhanced ultimate dust cover.

I have the enhanced ultimate dust cover.
    Does it form a perfect seal on the upper? My ultimate dust cover does not seal great even when you adjust the stupid detent. Wish I had some feeler guages to measure but its a significant gap.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14kJ...w?usp=drivesdk

Seals pretty good I'd say. I have about a .002" gap between the cover and the upper. I can push it closed a smidge more than where it catches but i cant fit a piece of paper between it and the upper

Seals pretty good I'd say. I have about a .002" gap between the cover and the upper. I can push it closed a smidge more than where it catches but i cant fit a piece of paper between it and the upper
    That’s exactly how mine fits. And I wouldn’t consider it a problem. The dust cover isn’t meant to seal off the upper it’s meant to block off a huge opening from getting tons of foreign material on the bolt carrier. And I could probably adjust the detent and make the gap even smaller but it won’t open banging it around but the carrier has no problem kicking it open. Mine is also an early first run SS upper with the large port. I haven’t tried it on my FA upper as I haven’t got around to building it yet.

This looks amazing compared to how mine seals. I might buy this one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    This Strike Industries cover fits like a glove. No issues whatsoever. This one is plastic.

This Cover does not close. I'm holding it down, and you can still see the detent ball through the gap. This cover is aluminum.

Which one is which? They look the same all around, but one doesn't work.

Here's the number for the plastic one that seems to work fine for my upper:

Here's the aluminum one that doesn't work on either my SS or FA uppers.

It might only take a minor amount of screwing around to make the aluminum cover work, I don't know. I just went with the one that works because I ordered both at the same time.

Could be a result of your carrier not having a deep enough cutout. The detention housing appear to be deeper on the aluminum as the plastic one has a flat spot to provide more clearance. What BCG are you running?