Page 142 of 238 FirstFirst ... 122132134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150152162 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    So I received my set. Looks awesome.

Now I tried to put it together with a LPK I had gotten from TNA 2 years ago Just a regular kit. Using the roll pin kit I tried to install the bolt catch, but the pin expanded.. Even using a 5/8 pin. So it's screwed up.

And I have lost the trigger part... So I'm looking for a better quality LPK. Higher end one of its not crazy expensive. Maybe a hipertech trigger?

Any suggestions would be helpful. I have no experience with AR type rifles, except the DDM4 I used to have.

Also the DDM4 we quad rail wouldn't fit the upper so had to sell that and now gonna get a delta ring and install a DD Omega rail. Unless someone has a good suggestion for ap Picatinny railed foreend or mlok.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

May I suggest a build party in or around Ottawa? Would like to at least shoot it once before they get banned
    I picked up a CMC lpk for 75. Worked awesome
    If your referring to hiperfire triggers the premium models interfere with the rear “takedown” pin when assembling so I used a geissele
    For ease of assembly I recommend a dedicated ar punch kit (especially for the bolt catch) I use a cheap wheeler kit and works well

Quote Originally Posted by 556tar21 View Post
    I picked up a CMC lpk for 75. Worked awesome
    If your referring to hiperfire triggers the premium models interfere with the rear “takedown” pin when assembling so I used a geissele
    For ease of assembly I recommend a dedicated ar punch kit (especially for the bolt catch) I use a cheap wheeler kit and works well
    Hey thanks for that. I'll check out the CMC kit. I didn't know that about hiperfire..I was gonna get the Designated Marksman Trigger.. maybe I'll stick to the basic trigger to start and see what I need to upgrade to.

I did use an AR punch kit that I had got to assemble the SLR (which never materialized). So glad I sent with the ATRS :D .

Quote Originally Posted by swbw2000 View Post
    Ergo enhanced lower parts kit w/o trigger fits perfectly. As do bcm rails.
    That sounds good too.. I'll check em out. I have a hard time telling what's better quality since it all looks the same online. Was gonna order the Daniel Defense kit, but then I read somewhere that there were many plastic parts.. which I'm not too keen on.

CGN Regular
    Will piston kits work on a modern sporter?

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
    There's no reason why they shouldn't. Or really any reason to have a piston kit in the first place on a DI-designed gun.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

If you’re referring to the Superlative Arms Kit(BCG, Gas Block and Piston). I’m pretty sure someone in the facebook builders group has used one.

If it’s in your budget. I see no reason not to go with a Piston setup.

Yes they do. A few people are running them with great success. The best part about them is that all the carbon stays out of your upper and off the bcg. The superlative arms kits are supposed to be great

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDeadlyAccountant View Post
    There's no reason why they shouldn't. Or really any reason to have a piston kit in the first place on a DI-designed gun.
    different strokes for different folks

I was thinking about a superlative piston kit for my 300blk build (carbine length, 18.6"). I may end up with one if I find that some loads won't cycle reliably.

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    If it's the Superlative Arms piston kit you're looking into, then I recommend you also buy a ©rap load of magazine release springs since that's what the piston uses and it eats them faster than Trump condescends himself.

It would also be a good idea to look into the POF anti-tilt buffer tube. Superlative Arms claims their carrier design is already anti-tilting, but are you really going to trust them on that seeing as they already chose to use a dinky magazine spring (read: not designed for intensive use) as the piston spring?

Overall, I stand behind saying there's no reason to get that kit especially in a gun designed to be direct impingement. If anything, the DI gun is more reliable that this piston kit since you don't need to change anything until 10s of thousands of rounds, compared to every 2K or so with the kit.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’