Page 182 of 238 FirstFirst ... 162172174175176177178179180181182183184185186187188189190192202 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I think all I paid for with the BSF barrel was the cool factor. I haven't done any significant accuracy testing because it only has a 1-6 optic so it might be better than I think it is but I don't know.

And yeah, I just put a 19" IBI barrel on my latest build. Didn't really see the justification in paying more than double the price of the IBI again.
    Ya,that’s what I thought.
    I think I’m finally past the cool factor, it only took 5 CFW barrels Lol

Happened to my build as well. Bcg wasn’t traveling back far enough. Initial thought it was gas tube out of alignment. Upon inspection that wasn’t the issue. Ordered a new Stag tube, spring and buffer from Arms East. Worked perfectly after. The buffer tube I had laying around and used the first time was out of spec from what I can tell. Upon installing the Stag parts runs 100%. The bcg then has the clearance against the back of the bolt catch it needed.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Anyone try running a CMMG .22LR conversion in theirs yet?
    ORA Service Rifle competitor, NSCC/DCRA supporter, CSSA and CCFR member + Firearms legal defence
    The Antis are after ALL of your firearms. NONE of them are “safe”.
    Wake up Canada!!.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j_san View Post
    Anyone try running a CMMG .22LR conversion in theirs yet?
    x2!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...modern+sporter

Older post, but detailed rundown of the results... These folks required modification of the cmmg bolt.

Looking for some help for a AR type platform newbie.

I got my Modern Sporter assembled last night and took it up to the range today for its first 50 shots. I had 3 different ammo types,
    AE 5.56 green tips 62gr,
    Winchester 223 white box 55gr
    and a few hornady match 223 73gr ELD Match.

About 20 times within those first 50 shots the BCG would not pick up another round. There were no jams, just lots of clicks with an empty chamber when i was expecting a boom. The Winchester fared the worst, i don't think i got more than 2 consecutive shots off before it would fail to strip a fresh round. Bolt is fully forward in the chamber, just didn't pick up the next round. The AE 5.56 did the best and fed about 25 rounds and only failing to chamber maybe twice.

I noticed something that stuck me as strange and i'm sure it screams out the problem to you more experienced guys. I noticed after the last round fired on any given mag the BCG would be locked back but would be forward about and inch there by blocking the first round of the next mag, requiring me to pull the charging handle back which then caused it to seat in its proper locked back position. Im guessing i have a problem in one of these 3 areas. The gas block, bolt gas rings & buffertube spring. My thought is perhaps the bolt is not getting enough gas to send it reliably to the rear of the receiver while cycling, or perhaps the buffer spring is too heavy? Here are some of my build parts and a pic of the problem.

-JP Silent capture buffer system using the black spring ( came with 4 different weight springs i think)
    -JP Full mass BCG with Enhanced JP bolt 223
    -Maple Ridge Armoury 18.6″ Match V1 Nitride SPR Straight fluted 223 Wylde Barrel
    -SLR Adjustable Gas block
    -Geissele ssa-e Trigger
    - Radian raptor CH, BCM LPK

Last edited by Merovingian; 01-18-2020 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Spelling

Bolt not traveling far enough back perhaps. I think this was recently mentioned in this thread with some potential fixes.

CGN Regular
    It seems like the bolt catch is catching on the carrier, and not the bolt.

Question to you, are you able to pull the BCG all the way back, and have the bolt catch catch onto infront of the bolt?
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 01-18-2020 at 05:13 PM.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Looking for some help for a AR type platform newbie.

I got my Modern Sporter assembled last night and took it up to the range today for its first 50 shots. I had 3 different ammo types,
    AE 5.56 green tips 62gr,
    Winchester 223 white box 55gr
    and a few hornady match 223 73gr ELD Match.

About 20 times within those first 50 shots the BCG would not pick up another round. There were no jams, just lots of clicks with an empty chamber when i was expecting a boom. The Winchester fared the worst, i don't think i got more than 2 consecutive shots off before it would fail to strip a fresh round. Bolt is fully forward in the chamber, just didn't pick up the next round. The AE 5.56 did the best and fed about 25 rounds and only failing to chamber maybe twice.

I noticed something that stuck me as strange and i'm sure it screams out the problem to you more experienced guys. I noticed after the last round fired on any given mag the BCG would be locked back but would be forward about and inch there by blocking the first round of the next mag, requiring me to pull the charging handle back which then caused it to seat in its proper locked back position. Im guessing i have a problem in one of these 3 areas. The gas block, bolt gas rings & buffertube spring. My thought is perhaps the bolt is not getting enough gas to send it reliably to the rear of the receiver while cycling, or perhaps the buffer spring is too heavy? Here are some of my build parts and a pic of the problem.

-JP Silent capture buffer system using the black spring ( came with 4 different weight springs i think)
    -JP Full mass BCG with Enhanced JP bolt 223
    -Maple Ridge Armoury 18.6″ Match V1 Nitride SPR Straight fluted 223 Wylde Barrel
    -SLR Adjustable Gas block
    -Geissele ssa-e Trigger
    - Radian raptor CH, BCM LPK

Seems like an under gassing issue
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    Try taking out that silent buffer and put in a standard buffer. Your bolt isn’t coming back far enough to pick up the next round. I fixed a stag 10 with the same issue and had the silent buffer. Changed his gas block to adjustable to get it to work with the silent buffer.
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "