Page 201 of 238 FirstFirst ... 181191193194195196197198199200201202203204205206207208209211221 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:37 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Actually here's what happened to one of mine.

Gen 3 Pmags are known to cause bolt catches to "slip", sometimes partially due to the bolt catch moving rearwards if you insert an empty mag(I know, why insert an empty mag?). Nonetheless what I did was I took a C clip off of a ejection port door pivot/strut, clamped it a little tighter so it'll fit perfectly on the roll pin of the mag catch. I think a washer works too but they don’t usually come in black. Problem of slippage disappeared after.

Just noticed that ATRS changed the cut-out/machining on the lower to the right of the bolt-catch so it's flush with the rest of the receiver. Did this happen on the run 2 lowers?
    Great change, that will make it SO MUCH easier to remove the bolt-catch roll pin now.

CGN frequent flyer
    Anyone else having their rear-fixed pin start rotating in the receiver?

My buddy's build has some upper/lower play and the rear pin is spinning. Im not sure what to do to fix it, since he had me assemble it for him. This is a run #1 slick-side.
    f:P

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    Anyone else having their rear-fixed pin start rotating in the receiver?

My buddy's build has some upper/lower play and the rear pin is spinning. Im not sure what to do to fix it, since he had me assemble it for him. This is a run #1 slick-side.
    It’s only screwed in there.
    Just use a pair pliers and tighten it back up.

Better yet , remove it and put some blue lock tight on it
    Last edited by 45C; 02-18-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    There is a dealer on here that has the Ruger AR-15 in 450 Bushmaster with an 18.6" barrel for $1499. It would be the perfect donor rifle and you'd have it a heck of a lot quicker than waiting for a barrel to be made and sourcing a bunch of other parts from a bunch of different places. 450 BM ammo is also fairly easy to source.

Thanks for the tip! That’s a good idea. I never knew that was available in Canada with the 18.6” barrel

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    It’s only screwed in there.
    Just use a pair pliers and tighten it back up.

Better yet , remove it and put some blue lock tight on it
    The entire housing is rotating the the receiver. Its not the screw itself.
    f:P

Super GunNutz
    You’re talking about the rear takedown pin right?

It’s only a cylinder with a screw (hex head) retaining it.
    Maybe the screw that holds the pin in place has loosened off.
    I don’t see how it can do any harm unless the screw has backed out.

You can use a pair of needle know pliers and grip onto the pin, and remove the screw that holds the pin in place, then remove the pin.
    Anyway that’s the way I remember it from the first run is SS, maybe they’ve changed it up.
    I thought they were changing to a push pin system.

All, update is the issue was an out of spec forward assist assembly. Ordered another one and went in all good.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    If you are local in town here, stop by and I'd be happy to take a look. I doubt the screw has come loose as we loctited those all in place. The early slick sides had a looser fit than many liked, we've tightened things up (a lot!) since then. If the small amount of play is bothering you, the best method to address that would be to bed the rear hook with some Devcon. Be generous with release agent in the lower, and VERY skimpy with the bedding material. 5 minute epoxy works as well but won't hold up long-term. Obviously strip the fire control group and safety out of the receiver before doing this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    The early slick sides had a looser fit than many liked, we've tightened things up (a lot!) since then. If the small amount of play is bothering you, the best method to address that would be to bed the rear hook with some Devcon. Be generous with release agent in the lower, and VERY skimpy with the bedding material. 5 minute epoxy works as well but won't hold up long-term. Obviously strip the fire control group and safety out of the receiver before doing this.

Can confirm. My buddy from Canmore has a early set that was on the sloppy side and got it bedded, now has no play.

He just received another set from run 2 and it is perfection. Not only is the upper/lower play zero, all the parts and pins fit perfect and mags fit and release nicely(his first one was good in that regard also). He’s quite impressed with his latest receiver set.
    Last edited by JayCarver; 02-20-2020 at 09:47 PM.