Page 140 of 238 FirstFirst ... 120130132133134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148150160 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Do you own a bandsaw?

I used a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel and then a hand file to modify a s-one hand guard for my MV. The modification only took me about a half hour to do, it is much easier than it looks at first glance. I really like the skinny feel of the handguard.

Quote Originally Posted by walterklassen View Post
    I used a dremel tool with a cutoff wheel and then a hand file to modify a s-one hand guard for my MV. The modification only took me about a half hour to do, it is much easier than it looks at first glance. I really like the skinny feel of the handguard.
    Ok you’ve convinced me.

Any pictures?
    Pull. Bang. Sh|t!

any one else have trouble seating mag when upper and lower are together? works flawlessly with the 10round pistol mags and hera mags without upper, mags drop free.
    insertion works with upper on but mags wont drop free

pmags3 are super hard to insert and release, not a good option.

any advice? i use phase5 bolt release and geissele lower parts kit

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcharb View Post
    any one else have trouble seating mag when upper and lower are together? works flawlessly with the 10round pistol mags and hera mags without upper, mags drop free.

thanks
    I have some 2nd gen Pmags. They are tight fit but don’t drop free easiest. I use reliably Atrs pistol mags , standard steel mags and 10 round steel pistol mags.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Quote Originally Posted by rcharb View Post

thanks
    I don’t have my set yet. But I’m curious if your trying these mags loaded or empty when inserting the mags?

For sure on my M&P 15.

I have 6 MFT 10 round mags that I can only insert on an open bolt when full. I also have 6 gen3 Pmags, 3 that are pinned and 3 that have internal blocks. The internal blocks I filed down just enough to allow seating with 5 on a closed bolt but not enough for a 6th round in the mag. 2 of the pinned mags also insert on a closed bolt when fully loaded.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    The VLTOR A5 kit was developed for a carbine length gas system on M4 carbines to mimic the rifle buffer. On a rifle length gas system it is not needed. Some people like the extra length of the A5 buffer tube offers over a carbine buffer tube.
    My understanding is that it was designed to replace the fixed stock on the Marines' M16A4, with 20" barrels.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Operator625 View Post
    Ok you’ve convinced me.

Any pictures?
    Too dumb to post pictures.

Has anyone asked for clear hard coat anodizing like what Q offers with the Fix and Honey Badger? Sexy

BANNED
    I was hoping to purchase a ms sporter is the conservatives win, anyone know if the smith and wesson M&p sport 2 parts fit ?

Obviously not the barrel as it’s 16”

Quote Originally Posted by MAGAKAG View Post
    I was hoping to purchase a ms sporter is the conservatives win, anyone know if the smith and wesson M&p sport 2 parts fit ?

Obviously not the barrel as it’s 16”
    Should be okay to use. It you completely strip the M&P. You would need a barrel, gas tube, possibly a gas block unless you re-use the M&P one and a Handguard/barrel nut.

I have the M&P 2. Not a fan of the stock, grip or Handguard. So I changed them out with the MagPul MOE SL Kit.