Page 67 of 238 FirstFirst ... 475759606162636465666768697071727374757787 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    So ATRS....do you need help? What can WE do to help you, aside from crowd funding some new mills? Would it help to have someone pack box's, inventory, stuff like that?
    I "think" we have things under control now. We have 3 mills back in full operation and the 4th is getting close once parts arrive. I have hired another machinist to helpwith the running of the mills, so hopefully we can now just do what we do without any further crap happening here.
    The biggest help we can get is some continued patience as we try to catch up. As we have anything of substance to share we will both here and by email blasts.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

This might be a stupid question, but what exactly is the Modern Sporter? Is it an AR10? What is it classified as?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but what exactly is the Modern Sporter? Is it an AR10? What is it classified as?
    Classified as a NR semi auto.
    Can be assembled with most AR15 parts.
    The major difference between the MS and the AR15 is how the Upper and Lower mate together

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    The AR10 is a larger platform, typically used for .308 . The AR15 platform is smaller in every way typically used for .223
    The entire Modern line of rifles we manufacture are decribed by the SFSS/RCMP as "an amalgamation of numerous designs and not being a direct dirivitive of any" hence getting the NR legal status.
    The Modern Sporter is as close to an AR15 as 1 can get and accepts 99% of the available AR15 parts however you can not interchange the upper or lower of the Sporter with any AR15 as the method of attachment between the upper and lower differ some and the geometry of the upper and lower is different where they mate.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The AR10 is a larger platform, typically used for .308 . The AR15 platform is smaller in every way typically used for .223
    The entire Modern line of rifles we manufacture are decribed by the SFSS/RCMP as "an amalgamation of numerous designs and not being a direct dirivitive of any" hence getting the NR legal status.
    The Modern Sporter is as close to an AR15 as 1 can get and accepts 99% of the available AR15 parts however you can not interchange the upper or lower of the Sporter with any AR15 as the method of attachment between the upper and lower differ some and the geometry of the upper and lower is different where they mate.
    Thanks for the clarification!

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    The more they put into anything but machining means the less machining they can do (pretty obvious). I could care less how much you work, but I want ATRS working on building my receivers not answering everyone’s questions, since that means I have my receivers at an earlier date. They have the update before your post too btw, did you read all the posts? Do you want a hand written letter from Rick? I have hundreds of questions I could have asked Shaun or Rick but I shut up for the greater good.

Sorry for the rant but I’m tired of the whining, unfortunately your post was the one I quoted.
    Sorry thats part of doing business to also do "administrative" work. Maybe it would be better instead of reading and answering a ton of ETA etc questions in here to just update the website, seems more efficient than them reading every little post in here which is probably way more time consuming then quickly update the website with stats and maybe a status post on the first page. It was not an unreasonable request to get any other than "thanks for the reminder, updated" as a response.
    Last edited by swissey; 01-11-2019 at 03:31 PM. Reason: adding first page comment

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swissey View Post
    Sorry thats part of doing business to also do "administrative" work. Maybe it would be better instead of reading and answering a ton of ETA etc questions in here to just update the website, seems more efficient than them reading every little post in here which is probably way more time consuming then quickly update the website with stats and maybe a status post on the first page. It was not an unreasonable request to get any other than "thanks for the reminder, updated" as a response.
    Thanks for the reminder, updated. Honestly forgot that we put dates on the website as that's something we generally try to avoid, knowing that it's not something that gets updated frequently.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by swissey View Post
    They really can choose to run their business any way they want. When you have some skin in the game you get updates from them via email. Also, the fellas that work there, do get time to themselves ie. days off, lunch breaks, time after work. Who is to say they’re not reading and replying to gun nutz on their day off? The workers are infact lovers of guns themselves which would lead me to believe they may cheque and reply to Gunnutz periodically.

Whining and bitching about updates is not going to make the product get into anyone’s hands any faster.

I read somewhere guys are doing builds with ATRS receiver sets instead of Maccabee . Is this true ? Does ATRS offer just a upper, lower NR ?
    Thanks

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RancherBriggs View Post
    I read somewhere guys are doing builds with ATRS receiver sets instead of Maccabee . Is this true ? Does ATRS offer just a upper, lower NR ?
    Thanks
    This entire thread is devoted to the ATRS Modern Sporter, which is a non restricted reciever set that utilizes AR parts.