Page 35 of 238 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313233343536373839404142434555 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Rick, Sean, Dustin, others I have missed are all AAx2. ATRS did personally confirm that I am in for the second production run, in addition to sending invoice. This will be my second ATRS rifle and I am super stoked to be able to support this amazing company.

This thread is super helpful BTW and I hope we can collectively share the best in making these great rigs.
    DL

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    I would think if they took your money you have a lower. These guys are first rate operators in all of my experiences with them. I am willing to bet $$ that when they get back to work, you will be recieveing an email with a copy of your invoice, that seems to be the way these guys roll.

Last edited by TeeJay; 12-31-2018 at 08:07 PM.
    “Politicians and diapers must be replaced often, and for the same reason.”
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
    What is the little ball bearing and set screw that is stapled to the FRT for?
    Safety- ball in the hole, cut spring to 1/4", put spring in the hole and install the grub screw in to hold it in place and set the tension on the safety.

I'm on the bus! What about a light weight carrier for a 6.5 Grendel bolt? Nothing branded Brownells i could find except a full mass BCG. Great price though. Would it need a adjustable gas block or would a super light build even be appropriate with that round?
    I'm building this with my little girls in mind(11 and 13), they'd only shoot it twice a year, But they dont even like the weight of my 6lb AR. I'd like to get this to 5lb. Would recoil be that much if its really light?

edited to say, I found the JP low mass, but I cant pay $350USD to save 3oz
    Last edited by Suchee; 11-17-2018 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suchee View Post
    I'm on the bus! What about a light weight carrier for a 6.5 Grendel bolt? Nothing branded Brownells i could find except a full mass BCG. Great price though. Would it need a adjustable gas block or would a super light build even be appropriate with that round?
    I'm building this with my little girls in mind(11 and 13), they'd only shoot it twice a year, But they dont even like the weight of my 6lb AR. I'd like to get this to 5lb. Would recoil be that much if its really light?

edited to say, I found the JP low mass, but I cant pay $350USD to save 3oz
    5 pound rifle with a 18.6" 6.5 Grendel barrel? Good luck. A 18.6" .223 pencil barrel is 1.6 pounds alone, plus 1.2 pounds for the receiver and you are more than halfway to your target weight. I just quickly calculated about 6 pounds without buying exotic lightweight parts, and that is with no sights or optics.

Ambitious for sure. South of 5.5?
    I'm at 6.2lb with my bushy upper/lower AR, Faxon 18" gunner, MFT minimalist stock, a Holosun and buis, good enough for the girls to plink/critters. Unfortunately they cant hold up a tooth pick.
    I know I can drop 16oz easily but I need a Brigand edge forend(5oz) and a BAD Saber tube/stock will make most of the difference for me
    The MRA pencil barrel is same weight as mine
    I'm really interested in the SWFA Lightweight(9oz) for when I'm using it.
    I just have never used a Grendel, does it shoot well/cycle reliably light?

Forgot to ask, whats the weight difference between the Sporter receiver set and my Bushy set
    Last edited by Suchee; 11-18-2018 at 12:20 AM.

The Aero Precision striped receiver set is about 106 grams lighter than the Modern Sporter, or a quarter pound.

It’s made of 7075 or 6061?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowyevans View Post
    The Aero Precision striped receiver set is about 106 grams lighter than the Modern Sporter, or a quarter pound.
    This is non restricted, Billet, precision machines not forged and did I mention non restricted