Page 8 of 238 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

BANNED
    Phuck yeah my MI combat handguard with the built in anti rotation tabs will fit :-) and its the exact same width as the upper :-)

Thanks for the specs .

Last edited by DILLIGAF; 08-13-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Perfect, my Aero Precision handguard will go right on!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I think it will look good, but unless looks trump usability I wouldn't use a HG longer than 15" just for the weight savings alone. I realize that the 2" wont be a whole lot of weight, but it is in literally the worst place as far as distribution goes...
    You need to look up the weights of a rigidrail.... They are insanely light

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    I will be excited to buy one of these receiver sets in the distant future! but until then ill just drool over other peoples builds lol

Super GunNutz
    The Fortis REV II had similar tabs, still need to be cut off to fit the MV.
    I would assume MV and MS have similar dimensions.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Working on that. At the narrow, below the pic rail it's ~.625" wide. At the full width across the barrel nut, 1.500" and below just above the front takedown pin, it drops to 1.130". I'm sure this will be easier to see in a picture, so I'm about to start working on that but I didn't want you to feel like we were ignoring this as it seems a lot of people are wondering. It's actually extremely common place to adjust handguards for a proper fit, especially on billet receivers...
    Thanks!!

CGN Regular
    Hey Shaun, given the amount of people trying to fit their handguards to your uppers, have you ever thought of profiling the front portion of the upper similar to a forged ar15 upper? After all, you are selling sets for people’s personal builds, and most of us have particular favourite rails. For me I’d love to fit the RIS II on it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Hey Shaun, given the amount of people trying to fit their handguards to your uppers, have you ever thought of profiling the front portion of the upper similar to a forged ar15 upper? After all, you are selling sets for people’s personal builds, and most of us have particular favourite rails. For me I’d love to fit the RIS II on it!
    I second this thought!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I second this thought!
    Just like how vltor does it with their billet uppers:

I hope I’m suggesting this to you guys early enough before your main upper receiver machining, but I’ve been trying to figure out what fits and what doesn’t. It’ll probably be a much easier problem to solve at the manufacturer’s side than on the end user side, if it’s just a one time CNC programming effort. I hope this suggestion makes sense!
    Last edited by PinaKaleada; 08-15-2018 at 01:14 PM.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Just like how vltor does it with their billet uppers:

I hope I’m suggesting this to you guys early enough before your main upper receiver machining, but I’ve been trying to figure out what fits and what doesn’t. It’ll probably be a much easier problem to solve at the manufacturer’s side than on the end user side, if it’s just a one time CNC programming effort. I hope this suggestion makes sense!
    We can consider this as NOW is the time to alter programs, BUT whose spec do we use? It seems almost every hand guard makers that employs anti rotation tabs has a different dimension. Changing the program is not hard, but then some guys will ##### that we did not remove enough material and others will ##### we took out too much.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there