Page 197 of 238 FirstFirst ... 177187189190191192193194195196197198199200201202203204205207217 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    Been hearing a bit of complaints about upper to lower fitment. Whats the upper to lower fitment like on these rifles? Is it M&P Sport II fit or worse?
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "

All my SS and FA uppers fit tight. Better compared to all my AR's. There are a few uppers out there that missed 1 machining step that causes tight mag fitment issues. If you have one of those ATRS will fix it.

CGN Regular
    Mine is perfect. Easy to disassemble, no wobble.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    All my FA uppers fit nice and snug. My one SS upper has a slight bit of play but not enough that I would consider it an issue.
    My set has above average play between the upper and lower... nothing a well placed piece of tape can't fix... lol

Been debating drilling and tapping a hole for a set screw... would be nice to see on a future generation...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

What have y'all done with your Forward Assists? I see some posts replicating a problem i'm having with a milspec FA install. Roll pins seems too big or there's something else going on with fitment. Genuinely a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohhunter View Post
    What have y'all done with your Forward Assists? I see some posts replicating a problem i'm having with a milspec FA install. Roll pins seems too big or there's something else going on with fitment. Genuinely a PITA.
    If you're talking about the roll pin for the FA I had to crush mine a little bit in the vice before hammering it in. Even then it mushroomed a little at the very end. I had my set cerakoted, so maybe that might have something to do with it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:36 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Super GunNutz
    Like a cock in a school teacher... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dohhunter View Post
    You can use drill bits to measure the hole if you think there is a dimensional issue. Or measure the pin, it's a cheap item to replace if it's too large.
    If not you can cone the end of the roll pin you are inserting with a file or grinder. Another great tool is the roll pin starter punch.
    And lube, make sure you have lube for all the fine ladies in your life.