Page 11 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Regular
    CNC programming is a one time thing and doesn’t take much time, compared to the file-this-file-that bend-this-bend-that every handguard, every customer. I’m planning to own 3 of these and I’m not ready for the file-this-fit-that and also file-this-at-an-angle operation lol. I don’t understand how most of you have so much time. Can I just slap the handguards on and focus on the shooting part?

ATRS please try your best to make handguard installation a painless process!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNNZ View Post
    Yeah I get that but why not make the receiver close to AR mil specs so you can ensure a good proportion of different manufacturer handguards fit without adjustment?

If it's not a huge issue to change the CNC program on the upper and the changes don't alter function/form of the set I don't see why this would not be done.

Also, this forces me to cut up an expensive handguard to fit the ATRS receiver set. What if I want to put it on something else down the line...
    I agree wholeheartedly with what was said here. I think they dropped the ball big time on the whole receiver sizing thing. Reason I didn't pre-order that other one is because they wouldn't take drop-in trigger packs. Replacing a trigger pack I already own and enjoy using was an expense I would rather not have to make and this receiver set was supposed to fit milspec parts.. So now I'm left with a handguard that's worth more than the trigger I didn't want to replace that I will have to either lose the entire value of by machining it to fit a single rifle or selling it at a loss to buy one that may or may not fit? Least ATRS could do is be specific in the sizing of their upper receivers so I don't waste more money buying things hoping that they will fit..

And to whoever it was that said "only a 3-4 hundred dollar part". If you can afford to scrap a "only 3-4 hundred dollar part" then good for you. Not everyone has "only a few bucks" to throw out the window.
    CCFR Member

CGN frequent flyer
    Tried finding it online but no luck, what is the milspec dimension where the tabs go? Has to be pretty close to the billet dimension.

Also, why are rails spinning off? If the nut is torqued properly what is causing the rotation? Do you pull sideways on the vertical grip? Wouldn’t the grip break before the nut started spinning loose? Seems like an issue of improper assembly, unless I’m missing something.

CGN Regular
    I thnk if you use it as a club and hit it as hard as you could on solid concrete repeatedly, things might come loose. Pretty sure if you get medieval with it, things will start to break.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    I thnk if you use it as a club and hit it as hard as you could on solid concrete repeatedly, things might come loose. Pretty sure if you get medieval with it, things will start to break.
    Guys Guys ! Stay positive It's going to be awesome as ffffffff when we get these in our hands �� Question is ... who's will be the boss MS? Gonna be smashing gongs at 600 yards ��

CGN Regular
    Apparently no one here that's whining about the anti rotation tabs owns many billet sets...
    There doesn't seem to be standard, as I've also had a handguard that wouldn't fit a DD upper..
    So how did I solve that issue? I quit buying handguards with stupid anti rotation tabs!!

Anything milspec , durable that won' t make me shed a tear if i drop it/ scratch it or get t full of crap that still functions.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Apparently no one here that's whining about the anti rotation tabs owns many billet sets...
    There doesn't seem to be standard, as I've also had a handguard that wouldn't fit a DD upper..
    So how did I solve that issue? I quit buying handguards with stupid anti rotation tabs!!
    Post #79 is by me, I own billets and I brought up this topic about fitting a DD rail onto billets. Most stronger handguard seem to carry the tabs. Geissele, DD, etc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    ATRS has provided the dimensions of their uppers. Refer to post #70 of this thread.

By doing a slight modification to the tabs (tabs which are not needed anyways) can you explain how that would cause you to "loose the entire value" of or cause you to have to "scrap" your handguard should you decide you no longer wish to use that handguard on your MS?

You do know that handguard will still fit and function 100% on any other rifle you put it on?

Maybe at worse it might be devalued a little. But make it worthless or have to scrap it? Now that just goes to show how unreasonable some people actually are.

And no I can't afford to scrap a still perfectly good handguard and I would never entertain the thought of doing so as there is no need to do such a thoughtless, wasteful thing.

The point of my post you were replying to wasn't that I've got money to "throw out the window". The point I was making is that this handguard fitment "issue" is trivial.

This whole thing is a non-issue.

I'm looking forward to building my MS rifles, file needed or not.

I think one point people are missing is that even though the MS was designed to take the vast majority of AR15 parts it is NOT and never will be an AR15 no matter how much people want to perceive it to be.
    Thank you. All this talk and complaining about needing to possibly file a little material off is more exhausting than actually filing the tabs.