Page 230 of 238 FirstFirst ... 210220222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238 LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    Awesome thanks! Standard buffer system I assume? I’ve been loving my silent capture springs from armaspec and JP.
    The .22 bolt cycles within itself.
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    That was on early models. The Modern Sporter came directly from the Modern Varmint, and the Modern Varmint never used a buffer retaining pin, they came with JP silent capture springs. A side effect of this was that we had a thicker tail end on the receiver. I can't recall exactly, but I think that was remedied around serial number 100 or so, Maybe it was #200.
    Thank you sir.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    The .22 bolt cycles within itself.
    Whoa! Can I take the buffer and spring out of my 22 conversion?

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lj007 View Post
    Whoa! Can I take the buffer and spring out of my 22 conversion?
    Well no, the buffer system holds the bolt in place still!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN Regular
    How is the accuracy of 22lr that typically uses 16 inch twist when using 5.56 nato barrels with typical twist rates of around 1:8" twist? would cci minimags ammo work well with cmmg conversion kits?

Uber Super GunNutz
    Anyone know where one can purchase one of the CMMG kits?
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryang5177 View Post
    can anyone give me a quick rundown on the CMMG .22 conversion (or if there is a better version I'm all ears)? I have a spare upper laying around and I'm leaning towards a .22 but I don't know what's all needed for that. If you can provide a full parts list and what needs to be done modification wise that'd be sweet! I assume its something I'll have to get ATRS to do.

Thanks!
    If you have a spare upper, I’d highly recommend making a dedicated.22lr
    Check out the 22lr modern sporter thread on the ATRS page of CGN.

I made one and it is the funnest and most reliable 22 I have.

Question on buffer tube length.

Putting a 18.6'' barrel on my MS build, trying to keep it NR. It will have a rifle length gas system.

My intention was to strip the buffer tube & stock from one of my carbines (a Diemaco SA-15.7 or a Core15, both with carbine gas system) and to fit it to this build.

Other than stripping an original Diemaco (I know...), is it a mistake to fit a carbine buffer tube? Should it be a rifle length?

Not sure how one affect the other so thank you in advance for schooling me on this
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deadman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UR2X3M4ME View Post
    Question on buffer tube length.

Putting a 18.6'' barrel on my MS build, trying to keep it NR. It will have a rifle length gas system.

My intention was to strip the buffer tube & stock from one of my carbines (a Diemaco SA-15.7 or a Core15, both with carbine gas system) and to fit it to this build.

Other than stripping an original Diemaco (I know...), is it a mistake to fit a carbine buffer tube? Should it be a rifle length?

Not sure how one affect the other so thank you in advance for schooling me on this
    I was just looking into this same thing (I'm a newbie to the platform). From what I've read, it shouldn't be an issue. Might have to play with buffer weight to find a balance your rifle likes.

FWIW, this was info I got from some discussion on ar15.com. They mentioned the CF rifles with adjustable stocks.

Disclaimer: I don't pretend to know anything about the rifles our military is issued. Just what I read, any member here can correct me please.

Edit: I'm planning on trying this with mine, the consensus seems to be that using a regular carbine buffer with the rifle length gas system is good to go, some say play with buffer weight. Just wanted to clarify, but I haven't tried it myself yet.
    Last edited by deadman; 10-28-2020 at 10:07 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Anyone running a Radian enhanced bolt carrier group? Any issue with it opening the dust port/cover?
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.