Page 80 of 238 FirstFirst ... 6070727374757677787980818283848586878890100 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Barrel section only (does not include barrel extension) 19.375" long

Breech section of barrel (did not include barrel extension in this measurement) 1.25" long

Rear section (front of breech section to gas block shoulder) 10.90625" long

Gas block seat 1" long

Front section (front of gas block seat to muzzle) 6.2185" long

Hope this makes sense
    Yes it does. Thank you. Have you got to shoot it yet or are you waiting for the ms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    I have a 22" Bob Jury Barrel, Med.profile (.920) for my ATRS Modern Hunter, 308. I am very impressed with the accuracy.
    I only shoot High quality 168gr,ammo. Federal Premium, and BlackHills Ammo, have given me my best results. My Modern Hunter is scoped with a Burris Veracity 5-25x FFP.

If I had to do it again ... I would have the barrel fluted.
    Great quality barrel.
    ATRS, did an amazing job putting the rifle together and works flawlessly.. the barrel is Cerakoted in O.D green.[IMG]s1330.photobucket.com[/IMG]
    Last edited by rickspeed; 01-25-2019 at 01:21 PM.

If you want a cheaper barrel there are lots out there. But will they be the same quality? Not a chance. You get what you pay for especially barrels. Price out a Krieger, brux or bartlein blank. Now add chambering contouring and muzzle threading. You are well above what it would cost you for a jury barrel. And a jury barrel will run with a Krieger. No question about it. Plenty of options out there for cheaper but they aren't better and I'll guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    No worries, I just went through a group buy, we ended up saving $150-$200 per barrel.
    This was on 7 barrels.

Anyway, just thought it would work the same way in Canada

And , usually if you buy a large order of a product, you get a deal.
    Unless your the only one who can provide the item ,that’s being sought after.
    Bob is a one man operation. The entire barrel is made by his hands from cutting the stock to drilling, reaming, cutting the rifling and contouring

Now that it looks like we are getting some uppers shipped out soon I was thinking about go no go gauges. What’s the consensus around here? Are they necessary for an AR15 build?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffv View Post
    Now that it looks like we are getting some uppers shipped out soon I was thinking about go no go gauges. What’s the consensus around here? Are they necessary for an AR15 build?
    Depends on what you consider necessary. For the cost of a couple go/no-go gauges from TNA you’ll know 100% you won’t have a problem. TNA also rents them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffv View Post
    Most people would say yes. But my thinking on it is. If you cant close the bolt on the go gauge or it closes on the no go. You're screwed. There is no rechambering an ar barrel. Its buy bolts till you get one to work. The ar15 parts are milspec. Everything made should fall into that category. A bolt from aac or a bolt from v7 should be within spec. Same for the barrel. We all know that thats not true. Most of the time everything head spaces right an the go no go is the only way to know

CGN Regular
    While I rarely check headspace ( probably should ), I also use well known, reputable brands. When you start venturing into the real economy stuff, you might have issues