Page 187 of 238 FirstFirst ... 167177179180181182183184185186187188189190191192193194195197207 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:33 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Yeah, you are right that it would allow a regular tube (non extended) to be screwed in less. I haven't used a plain jane buffer tube on a build yet so I wasn't really thinking of it the same way you were.

Either way I think we can both agree screwing the tube in less is what's required to increase travel.
    Yeah! I’m ordering a few of those aero enhanced tubes with the bottom lip to try and lengthen mine a little bit. 3/32” ish is really on the shorter side leaving minimal margin.
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

GunNutz
    Update: my friends rifle was catching on the bolt carrier instead of the bolt face, so I tried a couple things today to try and remedy this.

1. Cut back a buffer by about 3/16"-1/4". This worked, the bolt catch now caught the bolt face vs the bolt carrier.
    2. Put the original buffer (3oz) back in and put in a buffer spring from an MP15. This also worked, bolt catch now caught the bolt face vs the bolt carrier.

We ended up going with #2. The spring we took from the MS and put in the MP15 functions fine in the MP15, so he'll just leave it there.

18.6" mid length barrel with standard carbine (3oz) buffer.

Update on MS BCG not cycling to the rear fully**

Thanks to all that gave me advice on on fixing my cycling issue,its been resolved now

Likely culprit was I had my SLR gas block only open about 60% >.< DOH and judging by the carbon ring left on the barrel i was slightly off centered with my gas block.
    I also had my PWS buffer tube screwed in pretty far. I was able to screw it out 2 full turns while still being able to use the buffer retaining pin if i wanted to, even though i don't because I use a JP SCS buffer system

Had it out to the range this afternoon and had zero issues. Went through 80 rounds quickly with not stoppages with various ammo.

I also noticed when I had issues with under gassing that the spent casings where ejecting about 5 o'clock, now that its running well it spits em out about 2-3 o'clock. From what ive read online 3-430 is preferred for ejected brass and 2-3 is considered over gassed.

Here's my question, Is being abit over gassed on a rifle like this a big deal? Am I wearing out parts faster? Im sure I could close up the gas block a smidge to drop down the pressure a bit, but i figured the extra oomph would help prove the rifle to be more reliable across different ammo types.

Any thoughts?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    It’s okay to be a bit overgassed.

Do you have a slick side? That might throw off your ejection pattern a bit.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    It’s okay to be a bit overgassed.

Do you have a slick side? That might throw off your ejection pattern a bit.
    FA Upper

CGN Regular
    Hey measure your BCG travel from bolt stop to the most rearward for us. You can measure by making use of the wordings/markings on your charging handle(if there’s any)
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Hey measure your BCG travel from bolt stop to the most rearward for us. You can measure by making use of the wordings/markings on your charging handle(if there’s any)
    Around 6.25mm of rearward travel , starting from the locked back position to max pull on the charging handle.

Edit- Same measurement with a standard BCM Buffer and spring
    Last edited by Merovingian; 01-21-2020 at 08:36 PM.

CGN Regular
    Wow not bad 3/8” ish. But isn’t that a little too much? Lol? 1/4 should be fine. I hope your BCG isn’t hitting the frame.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."