Page 22 of 238 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    I`m curious why you're not doing an adjustable gas block? It would help to tune things for sure

What lightweight BCG is it? Is it made of aluminum?
    Brownells lightweights BCG. I bought barrel, gas system and muzzle device as a package and a standard NiB BCG. Just want to try a light weight BCG so...

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soforcy View Post
    Brownells lightweights BCG. I bought barrel, gas system and muzzle device as a package and a standard NiB BCG. Just want to try a light weight BCG so...
    Yeah, you may end up wanting an adjustable gas block if you're going to run the light weight BCGs. A heavier buffer may not be enough to compensate, but you could try a jp silent capture spring with variable weights and springs...

I'll be assembling my lower in the next few days, will post update in this thread if the Magpul extended mag release does indeed fit and function in the MS lower.

EDIT:

The Magpul release DOES fit and function, it is very close to the top of the pocket but seems to function fine.
    Last edited by apex survival; 10-12-2018 at 12:07 PM.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Yeah, you may end up wanting an adjustable gas block if you're going to run the light weight BCGs. A heavier buffer may not be enough to compensate, but you could try a jp silent capture spring with variable weights and springs...
    I thought the rifle length gas system should have the lowest pressure to the BCG and only change the BCG may work tho. I will give it a try, once it work, it will save some money for ammo haha.
    Last edited by soforcy; 10-12-2018 at 03:25 AM.

I thought the rifle length gas system should have the lowest pressure to the BCG and only change the BCG may work tho. I will give it a try, once it work, it will save some money for ammo haha.
    I am a proponent of less gas where possible. Less smashing around, smoother cycling. I am going with the Brownells low mass Nitride BCG, Odin adjustable gas block and Taccom lightweight spring and buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    I am a proponent of less gas where possible. Less smashing around, smoother cycling. I am going with the Brownells low mass Nitride BCG, Odin adjustable gas block and Taccom lightweight spring and buffer.
    I just placed a order for superlative adjustable gas block. Now maybe just buy everything else to complete the system... where did you get the light weight buffer system btw. Thanks

I just placed a order for superlative adjustable gas block. Now maybe just buy everything else to complete the system... where did you get the light weight buffer system btw. Thanks
    PMd you.
    I imported them from a vendor I cannot mention on this site. I got a set coming for my Stag 10 also. The taccom system uses a lighter weight spring and 2 very lightweight delrin buffers, 1 on each end. So far I have been really happy with the set up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    If you want you can just gut the factory buffer. I've got 4k rounds through a rifle with this setup and runs no issues.

Gutted buffer
    JP lightweight bcg
    SLR adjustable gas block

18" Rifle length gas and rifle length buffer and tube

I have my lower and it looks fantastic!

Thanks ATRS!!!

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollieftw View Post
    I have my lower and it looks fantastic!

Thanks ATRS!!!
    You're very welcome!