Page 117 of 238 FirstFirst ... 97107109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123124125127137 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

My build is going to look like this

TNA Super value MLOK free float hand guard 15”
    Faxxon 20” gunner barrel 5.56
    Colt Canada BCG
    Geissele super ambidextrous charging handle
    Geissele maritime bolt catch/release
    Primary weapon systems ratchet locking buffer tube
    Colt competition ambidextrous safety
    Norgon ambi mag release
    B5 enhanced sopmod stock black
    BCM lower parts kit
    Unknown make A2 flash hider
    Last edited by Unexpected; 07-05-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    “I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Unexpected View Post
    My build is going to look like this

TNA Super value MLOK free float hand guard 15”
    Faxxon 20” gunner barrel 5.56
    Colt Canada BCG
    Geissele super ambidextrous charging handle
    Geissele maritime bolt catch/release
    Primary weapon systems ratchet locking buffer tube
    Colt competition ambidextrous safety
    Norgon ambi mag release
    B5 enhanced sopmod stock black
    BCM lower parts kit
    Unknown make A2 flash hider
    The TNA Super MLOK is a clone of the JL Billet handguard without the 45 degree front slant and at a much lower price point. I bought a JL Billet AR10 and a AR15 version a few years ago and love them. The company is also veteran owner and operated. Anyway the AR15 version is going on my build today.

Quote Originally Posted by anoxia View Post
    The TNA Super MLOK is a clone of the JL Billet handguard without the 45 degree front slant and at a much lower price point. I bought a JL Billet AR10 and a AR15 version a few years ago and love them. The company is also veteran owner and operated. Anyway the AR15 version is going on my build today.
    I was going to originally put it on my WK180C but then I bought a receiver set and needed to budget the MS build a bit and since I already have that hand guard it’s going on there, the TNA hand guard feels nice and light the design seems fine for this build and unlike some other hand guards won’t need any machining to make it fit so that makes it even more appealing to me
    “I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi

Quote Originally Posted by Pratique50 View Post
    I love the PDQ and I think it's brilliant. It truly helps a right handed shooter and simplifies things !
    I find the AR platform is awkward in engaging the bolt hold open when you want to do it quickly... such as when you get a jam in a rifle match...
    If the right hand is holding the grip and the left hand is pulling the charging handle, you're short of a second left hand for the normal bolt open on the left side...

Install is real simple. Just continue milling the slot across (you can drill and file...), touch it up with Aluminum Black... and install it like any other hold open lever. I've converted all my ARs to PDQs and have NO regrets !
    Cheers
    Did you look at the Smith Lightning Bolt? I'm going to try it when my receiver arrives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op89RhX98Wg
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Did you look at the Smith Lightning Bolt? I'm going to try it when my receiver arrives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op89RhX98Wg
    That looks like a cool accessory, what’s the price on those?

Quote Originally Posted by Unexpected View Post
    That looks like a cool accessory, what’s the price on those?
    Just USD$54 at Brownells. I'll post my results once my MS is put together.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    So there was a large number of people looking into doing a 22lr upper for their sporters.

We did up a prototype/photo project to explore this using both a JP dedicated 22lr system and a CMMG dedicated system (which we're still waiting to arrive.....).
    The JP system was what we used for a bunch of the photos and it got dressed up pretty well.

Anyways, we are no longer in need of this show piece. It has been test fired for function and photos, a total of 60 rounds of premium clean 22lr ammo, fortunately for the new buyer we can say the best results are with CCI subsonics. It has a 19" barrel, that is marketed as 18" as one inch sticks back into the receiver so gives the 'look' of a standard 18".

It has a Midwest Industries G3 Handguard, Cerakote finish on the barrel, and a custom shroud style false suppressor and false gas system. This is built on a slick sided modern sporter upper with the big-bore port. Retail on this is about $1900. In lieu of there being 60 rounds through it, and a bunch of pictures taken, we're taking $100 off, so the price is $1800.00 non-negotiable, shipping, tax, etc is the buyers responsibility.

Email info@albertatacticalrifle.com or call us at 403-277-7786 if interested.

I remember reading about the RCMP interpretation that a 22 LR barrel still had to be 18.5" or greater on this reciever set.
    Does this still apply of it is a dedicated barrel?
    Could 22 LR be added to the FRT to allow the use of shorter barrels and remain NR? (of course still cognizant of OAL) I assume it was due to being a center fire reciever set?
    Am I just asking for trouble?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    I remember reading about the RCMP interpretation that a 22 LR barrel still had to be 18.5" or greater on this reciever set.
    Does this still apply of it is a dedicated barrel?
    Could 22 LR be added to the FRT to allow the use of shorter barrels and remain NR? (of course still cognizant of OAL) I assume it was due to being a center fire reciever set?
    Am I just asking for trouble?
    We have had mixed communications from the RCMP on that (including the information that you stated), but it is a project we are still pursuing. Right time, Right place, Right wording.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    We have had mixed communications from the RCMP on that (including the information that you stated), but it is a project we are still pursuing. Right time, Right place, Right wording.
    That is fantastic thank you.