Page 218 of 238 FirstFirst ... 198208210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225226228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2374

Thread: Modern Sporter - Build Discussions

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    I'm not sure how well this will work... but you can try it, I copy and pasted what I've got offline in an Excel sheet for plotting builds into a google spreadsheet. MS Builder Sheet

My friend Mike has close to $4k into his all in with optics and that's trying to save money where possible and buy used furniture, etc.

Hi all this is my first build and so far the lower went together no problem except the bolt catch retaining pin doesn’t want to go flush in the hole am I using the wrong pin or is this common?
    “I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi

Last edited by impactthunder; 05-20-2020 at 07:15 AM.
    When life throws a curve, lean into it and open the throttle.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by trimeal1 View Post
    I am thinking about getting one and am deff looking for a cheaper way to do it. So many people on here have $4.5k MS and I never understood it, but then again I am more a "spend less on the gun more on ammo and practice" kinda guy.
    You can build them for around 2K. Mine have been 3500-5500$ without optics and all payed regular price. Just depends on what you want in a build.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by trimeal1 View Post
    I might be missing something here. Receivers are only like $1200 after tax. Are you just saying that it's either wait for one from ATRS OR spend Double in the EE? If you want a cheaper Modern Sporter, waiting seems like the way to go.

I am thinking about getting one and am deff looking for a cheaper way to do it. So many people on here have $4.5k MS and I never understood it, but then again I am more a "spend less on the gun more on ammo and practice" kinda guy.

Edit: And now I can never post again because I am 13 years old and I don't wanna ruin my post count.
    NICE!

I think most people, me included, spent 4-5k on these because of the long wait and the ability to spread out that cost. I have a couple and I waited for sales like on the 4th of July, Labor Day, Black Friday etc. In all, I think I saved about 15-25% on all other parts besides the receiver set. My lowers are the exact same except for triggers

CGN Regular
    I’m under $1000 on top of the receivers with all new parts except the hand guard was used. Includes a hiperfire trigger

DPMS LPK for $50
    Toolcraft bcg $180
    Trigger $180
    MRA barrel (blem sale) $200
    MRA Gas block/tube $95
    MRA brake $80
    7075 buffer tube assembly $8
    Magpul stock $30 off the EE
    Picked up a beat up MRA handguard for a hundo off the EE.

I’m sure if I went more used and it could have been cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    I'm not sure how well this will work... but you can try it, I copy and pasted what I've got offline in an Excel sheet for plotting builds into a google spreadsheet. MS Builder Sheet
    I dont know if I want to detail it all out for my friend in Canmore`s build. Its a quality build with not much skimping and its getting up there for sure.

If said friends wife saw the final figure on such a list she would probably have something (unpleasant) to say........

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer View Post
    I dont know if I want to detail it all out for my friend in Canmore`s build. Its a quality build with not much skimping and its getting up there for sure.

If said friends wife saw the final figure on such a list she would probably have something (unpleasant) to say........
    Intention was to have it available for people to print off, fill in by hand, and then store near the shredder. ;-)

CGN frequent flyer Big bore dinosaur's Avatar
    Giggling