Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Musings of Mr. Wolverine - August Edition.

Brings back memories. Hodaka 90cc. Tractor ruts and going too fast for a 12 year old. That was 46 years ago. Fun times.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    Remember, it's not what you did once, but what you can do on demand that counts. Fr. Frog
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Awesome, my first was a “69” 650 BSA Thunderbolt.

Mr.Wolverine it brings back memories.My first English bike and not the last was a "69" BSA with a 650 Lighting engine it had twin carbs and I loved the Black and Chrome gas tank I always drove it up to the first snowfall then it got a bit tricky.

Super GunNutz
    I can surely relate to the motorcycle experience,although i did not start on British machinery,Japanese bike were very common when i started in 1977 on a Kawasaki KM100 dual purpose bike,which lost it's light and street equipment the next day i got it,i learned a lot the first summer on that bike,then graduated to full on motocross race bike the next year with a 1980 KX-80.i love it so much i rode it everyday and had my own practice track,rode until the snow came,and then some,little that i know this fun hobby would turn into a sponsered ride on Honda CR's,which would stay until 93,when a racing accident had me break my neck at the C2 level.a set back for sure,but a year later,not being able to race motocross because of all the constant swinging of the head,and not being to sit still and stay away from motorcycle racing,i started roadracing,again picking up a awsome sponsered B ride on Suzuki GSXr's, for a US Suzuki sponsered team,spent more than a decade around US racetracks,and even went to the Suzuka 8 Hours of the Japan one year,which is the Superbowl of Motorcycle roadracing,now those people know roadracing,and the experience was out of this world,and a mecca for motorcycle racing fans,on par with the Ilse of Man TT.
    As much as the 3 decades of racing was great fun,and a great way to spend your life,the best that came out of all this,is the friends i've made during those years,those friends remain friends to this day,always willing to help.always great stories,the awsome diners at the track or local restaurants,those friends are the most important thing i gained from all those years,the great memories,the awsome places i got to see,the great people i met through this sport of motorcycle racing will stay with me forever,
    One thing i did find when i got into the shooting hobby,is the same kind of friendly people,always willing to help.ready to let you try their cool new toy.same great kind of folks,made it very welcoming for a new guy,although i had been into firearms since 14 years old,i gave it up when the registry came about,but picked up the hobby again when the LGR was abolished,and been loving the new friends i make at the range,
    So although not the same British bike that Mr Wolverine grew up with,i can sure relate to the carefree memories of ridding that first bike through the woods,just hoping for more daylight,LOL.
    Today i collect old Suzuki sportbikes,and been lucky enough to have the rarest ones in my collection,between that and my firearms collecting,this will take me through to the day i can't do it anymore,hopefully the second half of life can be as good as the first half,i know the people i've met and became friend's with though both hobbies have been great.
    THE END,,

Well written Mr. Wolverine, makes me miss my old 76' CB400f something fierce.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

That story made me smile, I had fun on my first 250 although it didn’t attract the cops, the 600s and litre bikes did later though...and after I blew up and crashed a few of those I realized I could find better things to waste money on that might take longer to kill me, so I went back to buying more guns and less bikes. I still have an old ironhead sportster, a crf250r, and a 2 stroke Yamaha scooter (my favourite bike, I can stunt my way past the cops and they don’t care) but they’re all slow enough to just be fun.

If you miss it...get a bike. I spent years not shooting until fairly recently, since I was a kid until a couple years ago, I had ignored one of my favourite hobbies and my life is richer for having taken it back up.

1976 KZ900, I'm the second owner, 24,000 miles... and it has a kick start which just blows the minds of all the young guys.

Name:  DSC_1392.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  97.7 KB
    ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12