Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BSF Carbon Fiber Barrels are coming to Maple Ridge Armoury!

Business Member

BSF Carbon Fiber Barrels are coming to Maple Ridge Armoury!

BSF Carbon Fiber Barrels are coming to Maple Ridge Armoury!

We are expecting our first shipment to arrive soon but you can order any barrel on back-order. Back-orders will be fulfilled within 4 to 6 weeks.

BSF Barrels is the future of carbon fiber gun barrel manufacturing! This company has a wealth of knowledge and experience in everything related to the manufacturing of carbon fiber products. BSF has spent the past 3 years developing these barrels to be the most cost efficient, accurate and versatile barrel on the market. Through various testing and opinions of fellow experts, the end result is truly an amazing outcome.

BSF Barrels uses Carbon Fiber in a way they consider to be most effective. After turning down the barrel, they jacket a 416R Stainless steel match barrel in a roll-wrapped carbon fiber sleeve and load it under tension. 95% of the carbon fiber does not touch the stainless steel creating air gaps and allowing air to foil around the steel and cool the barrel faster. BSF uses this jacketing method rather than wrapping the barrel in carbon fiber because this method of wrapping has been proven to trap heat and cause delamination. The carbon fiber used in BSF barrels is specially designed to move at the same expansion rate as 416R stainless steel. BSF precision machines openings into the carbon fiber allowing air to move around the barrel and vent heat quicker without any delamination issues. This also allows the barrel to stay mostly free from being in contact with the rifling itself. Plus, they have achieved a vibration dampening effect meaning the carbon absorbs the shock and vibration allowing a more consistent shot and groups. Using the Carbon Fiber this way keeps the rifling straighter the warmer the barrel gets because it's under tension. This allows us to maintain superior stiffness and strength while keeping the barrel extremely lightweight. These barrels have been in development and testing for 3 years and are patent-pending. These barrels have been holding 1/2"MOA at 100yds with a 18" Rifle Gas .223. At this time, they only make barrels for AR platforms, but later this year we expect to be releasing bolt action barrels.

Name:  18.6 inch.jpg
Views: 2293
Size:  11.4 KB

Name:  Muzzle.jpg
Views: 2302
Size:  15.5 KB

Name:  Extension.jpg
Views: 2302
Size:  12.0 KB
    Last edited by Maple Ridge Armourer; 08-14-2018 at 09:08 AM.

oh my!
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?

Do these guys make a 18.5 or longer version in 308?
    I am proud supporter of the: Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, Firefighters, Paramedics, Border Control
    Basically, if your put your life in danger to better this country, you have my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove12gshotguns View Post
    Yup ....

BTC donations: 1Nk9M6t8nXpKuyd2ZKcyiUKXXQjJrEPoTE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Price?

NM I clicked the link...price is right there. ..lol

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilove12gshotguns View Post
    We have 18.6" and 20" available.

https://www.mapleridgearmoury.com/?s...t_type=product

Mother of god....

Wife is going to kill me
    I am proud supporter of the: Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, Firefighters, Paramedics, Border Control
    Basically, if your put your life in danger to better this country, you have my respect.

"1/2'MOA at 100yds with a 18’ Rifle Gas .223"

Mother of God.....where do you get a hand guard for an 18 foot barrel and that explains the half a foot MOA.
    ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿ If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. ̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿''̿ ̿

Last edited by TeeJay; 12-31-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    “Politicians and diapers must be replaced often, and for the same reason.”
    Mark Twain

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    How would a person clean and preserve the stainless barrel against corrosion under the CF wrap?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast