Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you ship your Firearms?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gnome75's Avatar
    If you can't find gun box I have just cut open a box and folded it over the rifle and duct tape it up good. News paper ball around the muzzle and butt. Bubble wrap it if its in nice shape gun. milsurps or beater guns don't need bubble wrap.

Canada post wants you to lock it inside the box even though you can just put the key in box. One worker told me they x-ray boxes and open up the gun boxes if its not trigger locked. My experience says that is a lie.

They also say signature needed but in my experience this is also a lie. I have had a rifle in a box on left on my front step a couple times. I once shipped a shotgun and the worker guessed right that it was a gun and told me to trigger lock it. I opened it up, trigger locked it and shipped it with no signature.

I have never received a trigger locked gun yet from any company.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 45CAT View Post
    I have never received a trigger locked gun yet from any company.
    They have different rules for shipping.

I have received a long gun with a trigger lock and a handgun without so I think it is how the sender feels about the law.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by billbmcleod View Post
    I have received a long gun with a trigger lock and a handgun without so I think it is how the sender feels about the law.
    That is true.

Canada Post does state at the till that the “sturdy non-transparent locked container” can be the cardboard box if adequately taped. They also accept zip ties on the triggers and/or magwells. For the removal of the bolt it can still be shipped with the firearm, just not installed (upper separated from lower counts as removing bolt). My post office would provide this in writing if asked, but 2 of the ladies there are shooters so that always helps. Good ol’ rural SK lol.

Some great info here. I was also wondering what the best way to ship was.

Not sure this is the section to ask for advise
    I will be travelling to Alberta by air. I will be taking my rifle as a checked baggage.
    Does anyone knows if when I arrive at the airport will I be picking it up with other checked baggage?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12