Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you ship your Firearms?

How do you ship your Firearms?

Hiya,

Just wondering the best way to ship firearms across the country.

For a small 9mm Pistol in the original case, do you lock it up and then wrap it in something, then bring it to the post office?

For a rifle of some sort, if you ship it in a hard or soft case, do you lock it and then wrap it with something as well?

Do you have to mark on the package somehow that it's a firearm?

I'm just trying to figure out how you experienced guys do this.

Thanks,

Joe

Canada Post signature required. Do not mark as firearms. Plain wrapper. Non restricted does not require trigger lock. Never ammo in the same parcel (Canada Post won't ship ammo). Original box the gun came in is fine, if not a hard case is probably best. Expect rough handling and package accordingly.
    The more people i meet, the more i like my dog.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jgoulin View Post
    Canada Post signature required. Do not mark as firearms. Plain wrapper. Non restricted does not require trigger lock. Never ammo in the same parcel (Canada Post won't ship ammo). Original box the gun came in is fine, if not a hard case is probably best. Expect rough handling and package accordingly.
    Except you need some sort of locking device on the firearm to render it inoperable.

From Canada Post’s website:
    Customers who wish to ship firearms must:
    unload the firearms - there cannot be any ammunition in the firearm or in the package (bullets, cartridges and other ammunition are dangerous goods)
    attach a secure locking device to the firearms
    lock the firearms in a sturdy, non-transparent container, and
    remove the bolt or bolt carrier from any automatic firearms (if removable).
    Firearms cannot be shipped via air and cannot have any markings on the outside of the packaging. The customer is solely responsible for meeting all Canadian Firearms Centre regulations.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    I get it in a box , put some tie wrap to make sure it doesn't move in there, tape the hole box , more than enough that the wrapping is mostly tape , with a piece of paper with the address of delivery and mine with a layer of clear tape over , so if they ####ed up the shipping label the parcel get to destination or come back ,
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    I ship with Canada Post.
    I use a Venture 1 card and use a sturdy box from the local gun store.
    Brown paper wrap and a whole schitz load of clear packing tape.
    Had one guy shrink wrap a box with a gun inside once too...that was a chore and then some opening it up too.
    Gave him 100% feed back too.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer weasel1's Avatar
    Last rifle I shipped had a crap ton of bubble wrap and an actual gun box. Address written in marker on the box with clear tape over it. One thing I've learned over the years, if it moves, it can get damaged. Once, I sent an old ( really old ) Coleman lantern to California. Everything made it one piece. Even the hard to replace glass globe. That said, for a rifle, protect the muzzle. More than once there has a been cases of rifles arriving with the muzzle sticking out of the end of the box. Newspaper ( balled up ), bubble wrap and good packing tape are your friend.
    "We're only immortal, for a limited time." -Rush

Dollar store can be your best friend. All the brown wrapping paper, bubble wrap, packing tape, and markers you need for less than a couple of cups 'o coffee and muffin.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Sometimes “Signature Required” doesn’t always happen. I came home one day to find a big, shiny box with “Sako Premium Rifles” leaning against my front door. ��

A freind of mine suggested using ty-raps to lock it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast