Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Drop in Trigger Options for WK180-c

Updated the first page with a brief summary. As we're getting some more range time with the wk, feel free to give your personal opinions on how the trigger compares/differs/feels compared to stock. Thanks again for all the help guys!

Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    i am going to wait for version 2 of the WK180c to come out they may address the trigger issue and other things.
    My goal was to produce a rifle to sell for under $1,000.00 we met that. If we bring out a MKII version with a match trigger the price has to go up, this defeats my original goal. We would greatly complicate things if we have a MK I and a MK II available at the same time. If we start adding options the price has to go up more that just the price of that option as we have to carry extra parts, it is no different than adding colour options, we end up never having the right colour at the right time so we have to increase inventory levels, which in turn increases costs.

You say trigger issues. We fit a standard Mil Spec trigger, the rifle works, three of us have shot excellent sub MOA groups with the standard trigger. They do get better with use. I still think the vast majority of customers would sooner stay with my original concept and then fit their own options as and if they require.

Better triggers do not make a rifle more accurate, but just as with better sights (Optics) it allows the operator to more easily develop the rifles full potential.

Trigger issues and other things. I may be missing something, but what are the "other things" that you feel need to be addressed?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Thank you......

where did you order from?
    How many lbs is trigger pull?
    Are you happy with this trigger?
    A few vendors have them. I ordered mine from CTCS when they had 10% off sale. Trigger pull is 4.5 and 6 lbs depending on which of the 2 springs that it comes with that you settle on.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    My goal was to produce a rifle to sell for under $1,000.00 we met that. If we bring out a MKII version with a match trigger the price has to go up, this defeats my original goal. We would greatly complicate things if we have a MK I and a MK II available at the same time. If we start adding options the price has to go up more that just the price of that option as we have to carry extra parts, it is no different than adding colour options, we end up never having the right colour at the right time so we have to increase inventory levels, which in turn increases costs.

You say trigger issues. We fit a standard Mil Spec trigger, the rifle works, three of us have shot excellent sub MOA groups with the standard trigger. They do get better with use. I still think the vast majority of customers would sooner stay with my original concept and then fit their own options as and if they require.

Better triggers do not make a rifle more accurate, but just as with better sights (Optics) it allows the operator to more easily develop the rifles full potential.

Trigger issues and other things. I may be missing something, but what are the "other things" that you feel need to be addressed?
    Yes John keep it as is. It offers a lower cost rifle to those who are fine with that but for those of us that want a little extra we can upgrade ourselves when or as needed. The rifle will work fine as it comes. There is no point in Wolverine/Kodiak making changes to this and that part to pander to the few that want it. Keep it simple and those who want more can add it, otherwise the premise of this rifle will get lost in the changes and as stated the costs will go out of control and then suddenly it no longer is what it was supposed to be.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

BANNED
    The stock trigger is fine IMO. I did the paracord trick which smoothed it out and after 200ish rounds it's pretty good already. I'll be spending my 3-400 that a trigger would cost on ammo instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ljones View Post
    Yes John keep it as is. It offers a lower cost rifle to those who are fine with that but for those of us that want a little extra we can upgrade ourselves when or as needed. The rifle will work fine as it comes. There is no point in Wolverine/Kodiak making changes to this and that part to pander to the few that want it. Keep it simple and those who want more can add it, otherwise the premise of this rifle will get lost in the changes and as stated the costs will go out of control and then suddenly it no longer is what it was supposed to be.
    Exactly. For some reason everyone wants an affordable rifle, and when it comes out they complain that it doesn't have the features of a custom or high end rifle. So silly. If people don't like something like the stock trigger they can change it. Same goes for the stock, barrel and handguard if it doesn't meet their sky high expectations. I am very impressed for the bang for your buck with this rifle. It leaves a lot of financial room for people to customize it the way they want.
    Last edited by driller212; 08-18-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

John, you mentioned a few times now that you were able to shoot some sub moa groups. Now you have said that three of you were able to shoot sub moa groups. No one who has posted on this forum has been even close to sub moa with theese rifles ( its to be expected that they don't shoot sub moa). With a heavy trigger and a 223 wylde chamber, how did you pull a sub moa group off? What ammo did you use? I think alot of guys on here struggling to get down near moa would love an answer.
    Last edited by mmcintyre1220; 08-18-2018 at 05:13 PM.
    Id Rather Be Judged By 12 Than Carried By 6

I’m installing a new BCM pnt trigger just cuz I have one lying around

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Thank you......

where did you order from?
    How many lbs is trigger pull?
    Are you happy with this trigger?
    https://store.theshootingcentre.com/...lg-trigger-act

Quote Originally Posted by mmcintyre1220 View Post
    John, you mentioned a few times now that you were able to shoot some sub moa groups. Now you have said that three of you were able to shoot sub moa groups. No one who has posted on this forum has been even close to sub moa with theese rifles ( its to be expected that they don't shoot sub moa). With a heavy trigger and a 223 wylde chamber, how did you pull a sub moa group off? What ammo did you use? I think alot of guys on here struggling to get down near moa would love an answer.
    Firstly, all of us test firing are very experienced shooters, we only test fire for grouping under ideal range conditions, unless absolutely necessary to do otherwise. The range is only a short drive away, 200 meters so we can pick our time of day even. We are using top quality optics (Schmidt & Bender) and I believe that optics (sights) are far more important than trigger. If you have a bad trigger you just have to concentrate that much harder on your basic marksmanship principal's. You can't hit it if you can't see it, that was the first lesson taught to me when stalking Red Deer, it is a vital fact that is still often overlooked. When test firing for accuracy we always shoot from a sand bagged rest, front and rear and do not use a bipod. Relax, don't hurry, call every shot, this is a key secret in improving your marksmanship. With a light barrel like the WK180-C I think a 3rd group is sufficient. I think generally the Hornady match has performed the best. Another trick is to match your aiming point to your retcle pattern and size, maybe use a 6 o'clock hold or ever hold your aiming point in the corner of the reticle cross it is more precise than holding on the dot.

We have been careful never to guarantee any accuracy other than "should be capable of sub 2 MOA". In the beginning I found 5/8 to 3/4 three rd groups were possible under favourable conditions, that is why we stayed with the short carbine gas system and I will be surprized if a longer gas system will be able to match this accuracy let alone improve it. I would have been foolish to advertise the WK180-C as a sub MOA rifle because to achieve this there are so many factors outside of our control.

It would require something to be exceptionally wrong with a rifle to have a warranty claim for poor accuracy, it is possible but highly unlikely to occur. We do have rifles returned to us that the owners claim can't group (Not WK180-C) I remember one CZ 858 rifle that the owned claimed would only give a 24 inch group at 100 yds. He returned it to us and Dave put 5 rds into an inch at 50 yds with the iron sights. It turned out that this was the customers first rifle and he really needed some coaching. The customer was delighted that we could confirm he had an accurate rifle.

Please look at the groups on posts 105 and 107 in the technical Q & A thread.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 08-18-2018 at 06:50 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The topic says ":Drop in trigger options........." I ask "Is there" actually a good fit drop-in replacement for this SKS style grit/creep/trigger mechanismn as reported on this rifle?