Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Drop in Trigger Options for WK180-c

Drop in Trigger Options for WK180-c

I'm seeing a lot of people are planning to upgrade their triggers in their WK180-c rifles. It'd be nice if we had a little list/info about which AR15 triggers work in the WK. I am a complete stranger to AR15s so I am really relying on you guys to share the information/experience. The goal is to have a list with some more affordable, mid range, and high end options. It'd be a shame for a guy like me to blindly purchase a trigger only to realize it isn't going to be compatible with the WK. I'm sure I am not the only one who the WK is my gateway black rifle so any information will no doubt be greatly appreciated by all.

Lets use a little template to keep things organized;

Trigger:
    Pull weight:
    Rough price range:
    Single/2 Stage

A brief summary of the information in this thread is that most standard AR15 triggers will work. Cartridge style triggers (timney, trigger-tech type) may work but may require modification to fit. Here are some drop-in options available in Canada that have been mentioned in this thread:

ALG QMS
    ~6.5lbs
    ~$65
    Single Stage

ALG Defense ACT
    4.5-6lbs
    ~$90-120
    Single Stage

Hiperfire EDT Sharp Shooter
    4.5-5.5lbs
    ~$150
    Single stage

Geissele G2S
    1st stage 2.5lbs/2nd stage 2.0lbs
    ~$245
    2 Stage

Geissele SSA-E
    1st Stage 2.3/2nd Stage 1.2lbs
    ~$325
    2 Stage
    Last edited by MkivSupra; 08-18-2018 at 02:08 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Good thread idea! Tagged.
    Proarm Militant - Variant Factory - Data Shopper - Fringe Minority

CGN frequent flyer rockport guy's Avatar
    Sorry.. but the WK180 is not my gateway gun... It was my Daisy BB gun! But will tag this as well!
    CCFR CSSA CPC

Super GunNutz
    My WK180 is also my first foray into the AR15 type also and am learning lots from everybody on CdnGunNutz. Some great reviews and appreciate the guys sharing their thoughts.
    After watching all the various threads I decided to purchase the Hiperfire EDT Sharp Shooter from Maple Ridge Armoury. The cost of the trigger is not bad and the reviews were pretty good for it. Others appear to be set to spend a lot more or have triggers available from other builds but I do not intend on this being a precision shooter. For me it is a fun non-restricted gun that I can take out in the field and have reasonable accuracy. I just want something with a little smoother feel. If I want precision I will stick with my Tikka T3 in .223. So it will depend on what you want to do with the gun.
    The Hiperfire was $150 and can be either 4.5 or 5.5 lbs according to the documentation. Hope that helps.

CGN Regular
    On my first WK I put a Geissele G2S trigger. Price was $245. It works great and is very nice to shoot. My second Wk is coming with a Geissele SSA-E trigger which has a slightly lighter pull than the G2S. Price on the SSAE was roughly $325.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    ALG Defense ACT trigger is going in mine when I get it.
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

Same here, already ordered the trigger in eventual anticipation of rifle delivery.
    CSSA (OHA), CPC SSA (RSO), CCFR

BANNED
    I wonder if I switch out the trigger from my SW MP 15 if it would make a difference ?

Still in the fence on what to buy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I've got a spare Timney drop in 3lb sitting here that's going in my 180-C.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    I wonder if I switch out the trigger from my SW MP 15 if it would make a difference ?

Still in the fence on what to buy
    If your trigger on your MP 15 is better than what is on the WK it will be an improvement but then you still need a trigger for your MP so you might as well just buy a decent trigger for the WK.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast