Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Federal powershok

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    You have me lost.

You say you don't know the difference yet you use terms "typical" and "non typical". What is the difference for you to be using these terms???
    As far as I know, there are only two types of Power-shok: regular sp and lead-free.

As for price point, currectly regular is listed at 23.99/box of 20
    Iv never really referred to them as typical or non typical literally on the box its called non typical whitetail 308 it’s suppose to be a new product of federal more cost effective round over powershok hence why it’s cheaper

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    No they didn’t give me fusion they gave literally what it says on the box non typical whitetail 308. I wouldn’t complain if it was fusion but sadly no just the cheaper stuff from powershok
    Not Power-Shok then.

And it's a $1/box more on their website.

Can't comment on this ammo, never used it.

I see the non typical Federal ammo comes in 150 and 180 gr varieties. I'm guessing Federal probably use the same bullets in the powershok line. Price-wise the non typical line up appears to be cheaper than the powershok from a few places I've checked. I can't say I've had any experience with the non typical line but I guess if it shoots in your rifle it probably won't make a difference for deer hunting.

My understanding is that these are the exact same ammo just repackaged to sell to different audiences. Google it. You'll see people have stated they've called Federal and been told it is exactly the same. If you go on Federal's website and look up the performance of each round everything is exactly the same. It's just basic marketing. They make it look all patriotic and get people who weren't interested in the Powershok box to buy the slightly cheaper ammo. It's all the same.

250 W beaver creek, Richmond Hill,ON L4B 1C7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    Bought 200rds of federal powershok 180grain 308 rounds took a bit longer than previous orders so called them up to check up on my order, was told they had to back order part of it no problem at all. Got it today and got 200rd of non typical 308 rounds instead thought it was a mistake until I saw the receipt that said I got a free upgrade to non typical rounds call me old fashion but MSRP on powershok is like what $32 a box and non typical is what $30 a box so give or take I don’t feel like I came up on top at all, no matter what anyone says I’d still rather take ol powershok over this new stuff........
    Sorry for the late response, please PM/email us with your order number and we will definitely take a look for you
    Join us for the ultimate sports experience!

250 W beaver creek, Unit 10
    Richmond Hill, ON L4B1C7

T:
    905-597-4772
    E: Sales@gotenda.com
    W: Gotenda.com

Follow us on: FACEBOOK | INS | TIKTOK | YOUTUBE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageTRB View Post
    I hope you don't plan on using powershok for hunting? In my opinion the bullets are garbage and I've seen the 30 cal. bullets under-perform on many occasions, particularly on up close shots on moose. There might be cheaper ammo out there for hunting but powershok has to be about the cheapest. It's possible you may have got an upgrade. -- It wouldn't take much to be better than powershok. It's moot point if you're using it for target shooting, but as long as the rounds you got are soft points and you got 200 of the same type, I'd see how they shoot.
    I guess for every negative experience there is a positive. I've been killing game with federal powershok (.308 and .303) for as long as I can remember and find it to be excellent ammunition. I used other ammunition as well but have experienced nothing but acceptable if not great accuracy, no failures... not a one and it always does it job on game if I do mine. My .303 shorty with 180gr power shoks has never needed more than one shot to kill an average sized BC moose.
    I've come to consider Federal Powershok to be "reliable ammuniton" and have purchased it in cases rather than by the box due to that reliability. Not trying to be a fan boy , just speaking from 2 decades+ of shooting the stuff in various rifles. .303, .308, 7mm rem mag and 30-06 so far.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    personnaly ..I like same name and type..even the same colour of boxes..
    Anything but.. I'd send it back and get what you want
    But of course that is just me
    flame on..

Google is a pretty crazy thing
    Seven point six two by thirty nine full metal jacket

federal currently have rebate for this item. $5 per box up to 10 boxes.

So tenda can i get an update please been emailing a few times still no response sent the ammo back (personally just wanted all the same stuff I already had) been a while since I sent it back no refund so far not even a response or update sent another one today asking for store credit instead since my credit got hacked last week and it's out of commission. After all that I just wanna know where my funds are thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12