Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Federal powershok

Unhappy Federal powershok

Bought 200rds of federal powershok 180grain 308 rounds took a bit longer than previous orders so called them up to check up on my order, was told they had to back order part of it no problem at all. Got it today and got 200rd of non typical 308 rounds instead thought it was a mistake until I saw the receipt that said I got a free upgrade to non typical rounds call me old fashion but MSRP on powershok is like what $32 a box and non typical is what $30 a box so give or take I don’t feel like I came up on top at all, no matter what anyone says I’d still rather take ol powershok over this new stuff........

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    Bought 200rds of federal powershok 180grain 308 rounds took a bit longer than previous orders so called them up to check up on my order, was told they had to back order part of it no problem at all. Got it today and got 200rd of non typical 308 rounds instead thought it was a mistake until I saw the receipt that said I got a free upgrade to non typical rounds call me old fashion but MSRP on powershok is like what $32 a box and non typical is what $30 a box so give or take I don’t feel like I came up on top at all, no matter what anyone says I’d still rather take ol powershok over this new stuff........
    What is the difference typical and non typical? I don't follow.
    This is a Soft Point ammunition is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by mistero View Post
    What is the difference typical and non typical? I don't follow.
    This is a Soft Point ammunition is it not?
    Personally I don’t know as iv never shot this stuff but In my eyes to be cheaper they gotta be using a cheaper powder or whatever otherwise they would lose money selling it even Cabela’s sells non typical at a heavy discount compared to powershok so theirs gotta be something to it. Plus if I wanted cheaper 308 non typical I would have just bought it over the more expensive powershok.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Did they send you Fusion rounds? Thats what they had to do for me. I learned that ordering online for store pickup with them doesnt hold your product. They dont go and grab the items until you walk into the store, if what you ordered is now gone too bad so sad, even if they charged your card at the time of your order.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jest4phun View Post
    Personally I don’t know as iv never shot this stuff but In my eyes to be cheaper they gotta be using a cheaper powder or whatever otherwise they would lose money selling it even Cabela’s sells non typical at a heavy discount compared to powershok so theirs gotta be something to it. Plus if I wanted cheaper 308 non typical I would have just bought it over the more expensive powershok.
    You have me lost.

You say you don't know the difference yet you use terms "typical" and "non typical". What is the difference for you to be using these terms???
    As far as I know, there are only two types of Power-shok: regular sp and lead-free.

As for price point, currectly regular is listed at 23.99/box of 20

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    Did they send you Fusion rounds? Thats what they had to do for me. I learned that ordering online for store pickup with them doesnt hold your product. They dont go and grab the items until you walk into the store, if what you ordered is now gone too bad so sad, even if they charged your card at the time of your order.
    Fusion is Fusion, it's not Power-shok labelled.

I hope you don't plan on using powershok for hunting? In my opinion the bullets are garbage and I've seen the 30 cal. bullets under-perform on many occasions, particularly on up close shots on moose. There might be cheaper ammo out there for hunting but powershok has to be about the cheapest. It's possible you may have got an upgrade. -- It wouldn't take much to be better than powershok. It's moot point if you're using it for target shooting, but as long as the rounds you got are soft points and you got 200 of the same type, I'd see how they shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    No they didn’t give me fusion they gave literally what it says on the box non typical whitetail 308. I wouldn’t complain if it was fusion but sadly no just the cheaper stuff from powershok

Quote Originally Posted by SavageTRB View Post
    I hope you don't plan on using powershok for hunting? In my opinion the bullets are garbage and I've seen the 30 cal. bullets under-perform on many occasions, particularly on up close shots on moose. There might be cheaper ammo out there for hunting but powershok has to be about the cheapest. It's possible you may have got an upgrade. -- It wouldn't take much to be better than powershok. It's moot point if you're using it for target shooting, but as long as the rounds you got are soft points and you got 200 of the same type, I'd see how they shoot.
    No not for hunting target, I bought the powershok to resupply my stock I already had just would have been nice if they were all the same but not anymore

I like guns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast