Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Un-earthed another NON Restricted HK G36

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mildot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    The "overheating accuracy degradation" myth concerning the G36 has been thoroughly debunked by independent tests conducted by numerous reputable sources. The G36 is no more an LMG than a C7, yet it is capable of sustained fire when required. See the "G36 900 rounds full auto" video produced by H&K, which clearly shows the G36 perform admirably in a prolonged automatic fire situation. TFB did an accuracy test before and after sustained automatic fire and found no difference in POI or group size.

If you dig into the German political scandal surrounding the G36, you will find a Left-wing Defence Minister going after HK as that nation's preeminent manufacturer and exporter of "implements of war". It was nothing more than a manufactured scandal to make political hay. Absurdly, the plan back-fired as it is HK that will reap the additional business of rearming the Bundeswehr with new rifles and carbines. Talk to German soldiers and most that I have met are fine with the G36 - they quite like it.

Is the G36 perfect? Nope, but no particular infantry rifle is. The G36 is exceptionally lightweight however, which is an important and much-appreciated attribute in the infantry. The cost of that is polymer construction however, with a Trunnion that may flex if the weapon is fired to an extent far beyond its design parameters. No particular surprise there. I have seen MG barrels that were not correctly swapped during sustained fire actually droop like a noodle in an all-steel weapon. Abuse any tool and it will eventually fail, however that reflects badly on the G36 no more than it does on the C7 or any other rifle in military service.
    Well said, "real" end users know the gun works and runs, as a "lefty" it works quite well for us.
    BTW, I think we may have ran into each other in Gagetown? would have been mid to late 2003? I was on the Engineers course, then went to 2CER?

Either way, you have great taste in firearms and THANK YOU for your service, Chimo brother!!
    Certified Colt, Glock, REM, S&W, SIG, Tikka Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer merlin1's Avatar
    no bites yet??
    guns don't belong in cities---they belong in each and every home

BANNED
    Not nearly so much as you might think. In fact, I am on a fixed disability income from the wounds incurred during my military service that have put me In a wheelchair. I did not pay "the going rate" for my G36, as listed by Wanstalls. However, in the interests of maintaining established value in the German rifles, I must decline to say how much I paid. That is best left between vendors and customers. As for my collection, please bear in mind that what I have took me 35 years to amass. It also helps to have a very indulgent Wife! ��
    Damn. Thanks for your service.

You've been collecting guns longer than I've been alive.

The HK G36E SA is NR because there is nothing about the rifle that warrants a Restricted classification under the terms of the Firearms Act. It costs $12,500 because of supply and demand. As in very limited supply and surprisingly high demand....

That's it, that's all there is to the G36E SF rifles. They are as close to the current German, Spanish, et-al service rifle as a Canadian collector/target shooter can get.
    It suffers from the "i must have it tax"

BANNED
    I was honestly going to put this on my credit card!
    Then I didn’t... I’m not paying an extra $10 for shipping just out of principle.

The fact that they had the audacity to even post the
    $10 shipping charge on a already over priced $12500 rifle is hilarious!!! Its been the main sourse of posts on this thread! Might want to rethink your business strategy LOL!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer merlin1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner84 View Post
    The fact that they had the audacity to even post the
    $10 shipping charge on a already over priced $12500 rifle is hilarious!!! Its been the main sourse of posts on this thread! Might want to rethink your business strategy LOL!!!
    possibly a joke?
    guns don't belong in cities---they belong in each and every home

I have posted a Range Report on my new G36E for anyone interested in how they shoot. The short answer is that they are just like any other service rifle with a heavy drop-test trigger - 2 MOA on average: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...E-Range-Report
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    Thanks Bartok!

I got these cheeseburgers man! ....